UnderGround Forums

TravelGround >> Obtaining a VISA to visit brazil?

11/23/08 11:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheAdonis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tell me about the process you went through to get a tourist visa to brazil...

details?
12/29/08 6:19 PM
Hank Scorpio
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to the Brazilian consulate in NYC. Paper work was easy and had the visa available to pick up the next day. Runs about $130 USD, and you MUST have it before you fly to Brazil. Just google it and I'm sure you'll find more information.
1/4/09 8:50 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i did it on the internet. check onthemat.com there is detailed description somewhere on the site how to do it. i followed their instructions exactly and was good to go.

make sure to do it in time so you don't have to pay for expedited service
1/9/09 1:58 AM
whatever
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The airline shouldn't even let you on the plane without a Visa for Brazil. If they do let you fly, Brazil will deport you - I speak from experience. My husband was deported a few years back. The good news was that we spent the weekend in Argentina.
3/30/09 11:39 PM
TheAdonis

not going now. The president mentioned recently that "white people with blue eyes ruined the world economy".

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence being a gringo....
4/2/09 1:26 PM
LeftBench
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's too bad, its a blast there. Fuck their president
4/8/09 5:03 AM
TheAdonis

^^^changed my mind. I'm going in july. :)
4/8/09 11:59 AM
LeftBench

Good man!
4/12/09 2:04 PM
anonymousone
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Used the consulate in Cali. There are services you can google, that you pay them a fee and send them your Passport and stuff and they will do all the work and go to the consulate for you.

I think most visas are for one year, but for some reason I think the way we did it gave us 5 years, but not 100% on that.
4/12/09 8:38 PM
LeftBench

my visa was good for 5 years, as i believe most are
4/17/09 4:05 AM
TheAdonis

actually, changed it to august. My travel schedule is full this summer...

can't wait! I'm traveling alone too. May hire a bodyguard or driver...
4/17/09 11:22 PM
Link

I went to Rio by myself last August and didn't have any problems. I stayed in Leblon and the hotel staff made sure I was ok. They got me a driver who was there any time I needed him and he was cool as hell. When I checked into the hotel all I had was a 10 and 50 dollar bill (US). So I gave the guy $10 to carry my bags and he took good care of me after that.
1/6/10 3:16 PM
DirkH

TheAdonis - not going now. The president mentioned recently that "white people with blue eyes ruined the world economy".

Doesn't inspire a lot of confidence being a gringo....

Rio Grande do Sul is mostly white peole with blue eyes. It was settled by Germans, Poles, and Italians. More Blondes in Gramado than in San Diego.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.