UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Attention Lo (Loretta Hunt): Say it isn't so!

11/24/08 8:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum_framed.posts&forum=1&thread=1374708&page=1&pc=45

11/24/08 11:53 PM
robnashville
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/25/08 12:56 AM
Macedawgg
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And what is the special thank you for Sherdog.com for, you know? 

Thanks in advance!
11/25/08 2:32 AM
Macedawgg

Here is one of the applicable posts in regards to whom appears in the documentary: 

"From: CindyO Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile
Posted: 20 hours ago
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up Event.observe("vote-24196069-down", "click", castVote); Event.observe("vote-24196069-up", "click", castVote);

Loretta, Gross, Iole and Sherwood are in the trailer for the doc... why do you ask??? Actually, Loretta may not be in it at all now. I got an e-mail tonight from someone with Team Quest that said (shhhhhh) Loretta's and Randy's attorneys are trying to get them out of it or at least get them to edit some of the things they allegedly said.

Seems they did a ton of trash talking (allegedly, of course) about DW and since Randy is back with the UFC. hmmmmm.......... 

Their "leak" about Kim's opponent was on the money but I find this one  VERY hard to believe.  Perhaps someone "in the know" can confirm/deny the validity of it.

Cindy"

There are a number of other curious posts.  TTT for Loretta to dispel this nasty rumor by a bogus source!

11/25/08 7:04 AM
CindyO

ttt
11/25/08 8:36 AM
Mad Xyientist
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How dare they speak out against the fuhrer
11/25/08 8:41 AM
wfc1273

Cindy mind your own god damn business.
11/25/08 11:08 AM
cristianjp

ttt
11/25/08 11:14 AM
Shiloh

can someone explain what the prob is? i keep reading these not understanding why someone is upset.
11/25/08 12:04 PM
grafzep
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^yeah, no shit. Spill the beans, enough of this insider bullshit already.
11/25/08 12:13 PM
Shiloh

the only thing i could grasp was joey blowing up the tanner sponsorship deal that he got cut out of, which im assuming most knew about. the rest, such as lorettas comments, etc.. who cares? thats what im not getting... like dana had never been blasted before?
11/25/08 1:09 PM
KrazyMike

ttt
11/26/08 12:17 AM
CindyO

Shiloh - the only thing i could grasp was joey blowing up the tanner sponsorship deal that he got cut out of, which im assuming most knew about. the rest, such as lorettas comments, etc.. who cares? thats what im not getting... like dana had never been blasted before?

Shiloh,

Mace shared this press release with the board:

From: FIGHTING POLITICS. Documentary <info@fightingpolitics.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 12:36 AM
Subject: Matt Lindland Documentary PRESS RELEASE. FIGHTING POLITICS.
To: info@fightingpolitics.com

PRESS RELEASE: NOV. 19th, 2008//For Media Outlets

FIGHTING POLITICS The Documentary.  The Story of Cage Fighter Matt "The Law" Lindland.

Despite 39 profanity and threat filled text messages from the Cell Phone of Dana White, President of the UFC, FIGHTING POLITICS is here to tell the real story of Cage Fighter Matt Lindland.  FIGHTING POLITICS has been submitted to the 25 largest Film Festivals for screenings, more dates to be released soon.

WEB LINK:
http://www.fightingpolitics.com

SYNOPSIS:
Cage Fighter Matt "The Law" Lindland had to earn his nickname the hard way, through perseverance and a good lawyer.  Back in 2000 Matt was in one of the biggest political sports messes ever, resulting in his case on the steps of the supreme court.  His success in the Sport of Mixed Martial Arts came to an abrupt halt as politics came knocking on his door again.  This is his story.
-------------------------------------------------------

Before watching the trailer on the website (he originally thought this had to do with Matt's run for Congress earlier this month because of the "politics" reference) he asked who was in it after reading some of the responses to his thread. I told him who had chimed in then shared someone at Team Quest told me letters had been sent from Loretta's and Randy's attorneys requesting omissions of their contributions since Randy was back with the UFC.

Mace then started asking for clarification of the "rumor" and I can only assume Loretta "missed" the original thread, hence Mace starting THIS on TO HER ATTENTION.

My LOL'ing about it is based on the utter BS that these folks are claiming about why Matt was fired. They KNOW better... which led me to believe the makers of this film knowingly omitted the circumstances of the UFC severing ties with Matt as told by Loretta, Josh Gross, Jeff Sherwood, Randy Couture, Dennis Hallman, Chael Sonnan, etc.

Loretta, Josh and Jeff absolutely know 100% all that happened while the remaining names might not even though they were in the picture during the same time. Ian from Media Fly then chimed in and said the trailer is a bit misleading and the whole story was told, as well as more info would be added to the site soon. Cool.

Then Joey O blew his top and wanted readers to understood this was a well thought out decidion Lindland made to involve the unapproved sponsor and his decision was based on how much money he would make for following thru (six figures). Case closed.

Mace was waiting for Loretta to confirm or deny that her atty sent a letter to change her involvement with the film via omitting comments she made on camera or possibly her involvement altogether, hence this thread. Kind of an odd thing to do IF she did. He's just asking.

That should about do it=)

Cindy

11/26/08 12:25 AM
Shiloh

"My LOL'ing about it is based on the utter BS that these folks are claiming about why Matt was fired. They KNOW better... which led me to believe the makers of this film knowingly omitted the circumstances of the UFC severing ties with Matt as told by Loretta, Josh Gross, Jeff Sherwood, Randy Couture, Dennis Hallman, Chael Sonnan, etc."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok now i get it.
11/26/08 12:27 AM
Shiloh

so they knew they did some tricky editing to make it sound like loretta and josh and said he got fired for just a shirt without the sponsorship story?
11/26/08 12:33 AM
I want a penis tattoo
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT?

I have a feeling I'm going to end up not caring about this, but I'd like to see where it goes.

11/26/08 1:02 AM
Mad Xyientist
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well when there's admittedly at least 6 sources you have to ask some questions about it all being "tricky editing"
11/26/08 1:16 AM
vxbpoison

ttt
11/26/08 1:27 AM
Tahiti Bo
63 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Retired, Tahuna
I think this one has gone right over everyone's head....
11/26/08 3:30 AM
CindyO

Tahiti Bo - I think this one has gone right over everyone's head....

ROFLMAO!!! You could be right... but I've got a feeling the underlying message is loud and clear to those it was intended to reach;)

Cindy
11/26/08 3:43 AM
JimmersonzGlove
567 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
11/26/08 3:43 AM
CindyO

Shiloh - so they knew they did some tricky editing to make it sound like loretta and josh and said he got fired for just a shirt without the sponsorship story?

I think some of the editing could have been a bit overzealous based on the onesidedness of the trailer and description of the documentary in the issued press release.

Question is... well, is Media Fly simply painting a misleading picture based on the input of those involved recounting the tale or was the correct version of events shared and Media Fly took it upon themselves to rewrite history? Only time will tell.

Personally, I'm hoping Loretta did challenge the content after seeing the trailer on the grounds that she felt her contributions were being inaccurately portrayed. Chiming in at this point for any other reason would make absolutely zero sense. "A change of heart" now that Randy is back with the UFC isn't something I could believe she would do because she seems to stake her reputation on being honest and a straight shooter who stands by her work.

Again... time will tell.

Do you have big plans for Thanksgiving, Shiloh?

Cindy
11/26/08 4:12 AM
nhb_fieldofdreams

Edited: 11/26/08 4:18 AM
Interesting trailer...I too thought when I heard about this that it was about Matt's political run, duh! I am interested in seeing the movie, no doubt.
11/26/08 11:25 AM
Shiloh

no plans for thanksgiving! are you inviting me over cindy?? :)~
11/26/08 7:31 PM
CindyO

Shiloh - no plans for thanksgiving! are you inviting me over cindy?? :)~

Come on! I'm a southern girl so I'm used to takin in strays around meal time=)~

Ain't gonna lie... the plates are paper, cups are plastic and so are the utensils when there's more than 8 because I'm not loading the dishwasher twice! LOL

I can cook my ASS off, though;)

Cindy

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.