UnderGround Forums

Wrestling UnderGround >> what makes wrestlers so bad ass?

11/23/09 9:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Captain Awesome
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

agreed

BJJ is not as easy as "Wet" thinks it is
and wrestling is not as easy as he thinks it is either
11/30/09 12:03 AM
Wet

thePetester - "I don't believe you've ever done any serious BJJ. It's not as easy to choke out someone out from the back/top as you seem to believe. The defense is something a wrestler will do instinctively, wrist control. In the real world rules make fights, adults know this, to see for yourself wrestle a folkstyle match under folkstyle rules. After the season is over off season wrestling starts, in SE Pa and environs we have MAWA, I'm sure somewhere near you is a similar organization. Step up and compete, tells us how it all works out."
Most correct statement on this thread.

Probably the dumbest post ive ever read. Its amazing that you are able to tell that i have no experience in BJJ just from a post i made. Well aside from having years of experience in sambo and judo, i am also a purple belt in BJJ. Which is why you look like such a moron right now. As i've stated i have grappled with many wrestlers. Aside from the wrestlers who come into the school to learn BJJ and MMA, i have two brothers who both went to college on full wrestling scholarships. Ive destroyed wrestlers using BJJ and choked them out with ease. Are you paying attention Captain Awesome (dumbest name ever) thats not an assumption ive made, its based on actual experience. So yes, BJJ is as easy as i think.
11/30/09 3:55 AM
sufferingsuckatash
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yah but can BJJ guys jump off the top rope and land a devastating elbow?
12/9/09 1:05 AM
HoldYerGround
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Zahursky -  Its also the only martail art that you go 100% everytime you practice and compete.
Other martial arts you go at most 90%.  If you go 100% and without pads you usually get or give injuries.

I had always wondered if this made wrestlers better. They say in Russia the wrestlers do a lot more 50% sparring/play wrestling. But they also say that Japanese Judoka go 100% full bore every sparring session...
12/9/09 9:35 PM
laqueus

I think going 100% all the time in practice in wrestling would be a club to club thing. Different coaches have different philosophies on that.
12/11/09 5:29 PM
Skycosis

Wrestling is just a good base because it deals with a lot of the positions you will generally find yourself stuck with in a fight-provided that people who specialize in wrestling will generally have better cardio and a better ground game because wrestling is actaully an anerobic excercise meaning its like your lifting weights the whole time

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.