UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> So I just started.....

11/25/08 11:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
SlatstheFist
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, so a few of the posts on the OG awhile ago got me motivated to try guitar again. I tried about 5 years ago just learning on my own with an acoustic i picked up. Didnt last very long.

So now i figure i want to give it a full year and see how far i can get.
So ive been at it about 2 months. Seems like its tough to find enough time to practice. I get about 30-60 minutes/day. Sometimes a couple hours on the weekends. Im trying get in as much as I can.

So my progress:
I know the basic open chords CAGED, EM, DM, F, and just learnt the 7ths. I can play them all ok, but transitioning between them is going slowly. Ill keep practicing that.

I goof around playing a few tunes (trying to) but i actually enjoy the practcing chord changes as well.

I picked up a cheap electrica guitar and amp..o boy...what fun. I liked goofing on the acoustic, but love the electric. Way more fun
Im learning the intro to Sweet child right now, just working getting the fingers to move properly, but its fun as well to hear it kinda sound like the song..lol

anyway..ill keep posting my progress. I ll take some vid of my crappy playing soon, so I have someting to measure against in 10 or so months.

rant ova
11/26/08 11:20 AM
Thelonious
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good progress man, congrats
11/26/08 5:25 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/08 5:25 PM
keep it up!...music feeds the soul-

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.