UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Any opinions of the new G'N'R

11/26/08 8:40 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.myspace.com/gunsnroses
11/26/08 10:26 AM
Thelonious
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/26/08 10:27 AM
I think the album is laced with 'the artist formerly known a prince syndrome'. Obsessive digital tinkering leading to most of the original concept being lost. The whole album is overproduced to the point of being ridiculous in my opinion.

I kind of dig the tune IRS. Can't help but picture Janis singing it with drunken intensity, a slimy blues feel and 70's era analog production value.

Similar to Prince's stuff, maybe it will be fine live when they can't fit 15 keyboards, string section, choir, dozen electric and acoustic guitarists, bass players and litany of rarely heard world percussion instruments in the clubs. Hard to tell though.
12/5/08 6:50 PM
Pokanghoya
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree that the production is overdone in much of the CD. You can hear some of that on the Use Your Illusion tracks with Axl triple tracking some vocals. It's Axl writing with a bunch of different people, so of course it's not anything like older GNR. Has some decent music on it but I doubt many of these songs will be remembered years from now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.