UnderGround Forums

SupportGround >> Kawasaki Disease

11/26/08 4:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ChicagoTom
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Who has heard of it? I won't write out the long story, but I lost my very beautiful, fun-loving 5 year old niece to this disease just under 2 weeks ago.  This disease has clobbered my family with sadness and took one of the most precious gifts from god from my sister and her husband and their other daughter.   

Since dealing with this disease, I have learned a good amount about it- but I was wondering if anyone on here has known, or maybe expeirenced this disease.

Thanks
Tom
11/26/08 5:24 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

very sad :(
12/15/08 11:00 PM
Crush Crawfish
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everything I've read about it absolutely sucks.
12/16/08 12:17 AM
ChicagoTom
322 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll tell you what- yesterday was 1 month since she passed away and my heart hurts just as bad as the day it happened. Our whole family is still a mess.  Her 7 year old sister is ok though- even though it will probably be years before she actually realizes what really happened. I miss her so much.

12/16/08 1:24 AM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's heartbreaking...good vibes to your family-
4/7/10 10:58 AM
ChicagoTom

Thank you Lootus. 
4/11/10 10:52 AM
blackhundred
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Old thread, but jeez, that's tough. I'm an RN and have only had one patient with the disease, but I deal mostly with adults. What a cute kid in that photo. I'm really sorry, Tom. Really.
5/7/10 1:03 AM
blackhundred
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I usually only post when I'm depressed and having a drink,but this is still a subscription and sucks to read. That's as cute a kid as I've ever seen, honest. I hope things have gotten better.
8/8/12 8:55 PM
YoungGunABKJ
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my cousin had it
8/9/12 3:41 PM
ChicagoTom

YoungGunABKJ - my cousin had it
Random thread bump. What were the results? I'm guessing your cousin was fine. I still miss may may and we celebrate her birthday each year by going to her favorite restaurant. Her ashes are spread in the garden of our church so I spend time with her every time i go. My wife and i got married at the church and I'm sure she was there with us.

Another crazy reminder of her is the year she died, we had the major outbreak of cicadas that year. They were everywhere. My niece loved them and would collect their shells when they passed away. Anyway, the cicadas are out at night in Chicago right now and whenever I hear them, I think of her. Phone Post
8/9/12 3:43 PM
ChicagoTom

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd79/tomtom2338/15e33bdd.jpg Phone Post
8/9/12 3:50 PM
egundy
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sad story Tom, so sorry for your loss.
8/12/12 10:08 PM
YoungGunABKJ
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

he is doing well, this was prob 17yrs ago. he had it rough for awhile though. sorry for ur loss brother, but i know she is looking in on u and was there at ur wedding :)

non timebo mala
8/16/12 4:55 PM
YoungGunABKJ

btw he was the first male in the u.s. recording has having it. he was 9
8/18/12 2:54 PM
YoungGunABKJ

btw it was almost 21yrs ago not 17
8/18/12 3:41 PM
Chicagos own peeping Tom

YoungGunABKJ - btw it was almost 21yrs ago not 17
That's crazy. Glad to hear he is good. Phone Post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.