UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> any chicks used bjj in self-d. on the streets?

11/26/08 11:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GracieBarraLutador
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ive seen several self d. classes for women and they talked about when a man is on top with the "rapist choke" that arm barring (and breaking arm) is a good way to escape, any ladies exprience an attack of some sort and defended yourself with success?
11/27/08 11:07 AM
jonpall

I would be interesting to hear responses from this forum, for sure.
11/28/08 10:39 AM
Dcastillo
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My G/F Open guarded every time I fucked her
12/15/08 3:39 AM
jonpall

I knew it. Girls using karatey on the street is just a myth.
2/10/09 2:45 AM
BjjSchoolGirl
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I once arm dragged a guy and back choked him in a pub to show him what sort of 'sissy girly martial arts' I do. I think he thought I did boxercise or something. He was suitably impressed once he could breath again. Free drinks all night!

Haha, and very recently a guys didn't believe any female could punch that hard, so he challenged me to punch him in the face. I wasn't sure, but he insisted. So I took him onto the dance floor and nearly dropped him with a right cross. He didn't want to have much to do with me after that, but his mates thought I was awesome!

Oh, and I once challenged some ninjas to a grappling match in a park in London. Video proof! I don't think there really ninjas, but they were playing with nun-chucks when I met them...

Cheers, Maryanne.
3/14/09 3:18 AM
Hillary
102 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was in Rio on New Years, had some guy come up and grab my wrist saying, "Hey gringa, let's go back to my hotel room." After assuring his drunk ass that I was, in fact, Brazilian (I'm not but don't have much of an accent with my Portuguese) and I was going home without him, his friends started to surround me a little bit. I was trying to just pull my wrist away but the fucker was strong. Noticing a large crowd about to go by, I arm dragged him to break the grip and disappeared into the crowd.

Beyond that never used BJJ in the streets.
5/27/09 10:20 PM
ferocitytv
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm taking Women Empowered at the Gracie Torrance Academy and they teach you how to break free quite easily from a wrist grab (even a double wrist grab) and then following up by exploding the guys ear drum. Good stuff! Rorion, Rener, Ryron, Ralek, and Segina Gracie are teaching the class and they have two dozen assistant instructors to roll with you too. They're awesome!
5/28/09 6:25 PM
Punchatoula
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ferocitytv - I'm taking Women Empowered at the Gracie Torrance Academy and they teach you how to break free quite easily from a wrist grab (even a double wrist grab) and then following up by exploding the guys ear drum. Good stuff! Rorion, Rener, Ryron, Ralek, and Segina Gracie are teaching the class and they have two dozen assistant instructors to roll with you too. They're awesome!

This is very cool.
5/28/09 9:12 PM
ferocitytv
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Punchatoula - 
ferocitytv - I'm taking Women Empowered at the Gracie Torrance Academy and they teach you how to break free quite easily from a wrist grab (even a double wrist grab) and then following up by exploding the guys ear drum. Good stuff! Rorion, Rener, Ryron, Ralek, and Segina Gracie are teaching the class and they have two dozen assistant instructors to roll with you too. They're awesome!

This is very cool.

Yeah, I love it! Several of us women plan to continue and study jujitsu with them. They're wonderful, down-to-earth instructors with precise technical knowledge and a gentle sense of humor like their grandfather, the Grand Master. Who knows? We might end up with a middle age chicks jujitsu club. LOL!
5/29/09 12:16 PM
Knux

How much do you pay for that course, ferocity? I'm not terribly far from torrance so a lesson here and there would be fun
5/29/09 5:28 PM
ferocitytv

Tomorrow we complete a five week women's self defense course. I signed up over a year ago and they finally called me to let me know they were starting a new women's self defense course ($160 for five weeks). It's been terrific. I only think they do about one a year, so I would get on their waiting list now. But if your interested in doing something sooner, I would participate in one of their basic combatives courses (path to their Blue Belt) which meets up four/five times a week, but you can take as many or as little classes you like (to roll twice a week, it's $160 a mont). I will move into that next with a number of the women from the self-defense class. The Gracies really pride themselves on having students of both genders and all ages (remember Grand Master Helio rolled until he was 94). It's a real comfortable family feeling atmosphere, not like some gyms where it's all about guys going at each other full force and with tons of ego (how injuries happen). This is about collegiality and learning strong technique so any size opponent or aggressor is not beyond your challenge. It's also darling to get there while the kids class is going on. I saw some small little guy jump up Rener's 6 foot plus frame and try and strangle Rener with his own gi! LOL!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.