UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Canuck's saturday meal plan

11/27/08 11:37 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
canuck34
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Having some friends over for dinner saturday so I thought I'd share what I am making.

The starter is going to be my squash soup (recipe is already on here).

Main is going to be made up of 3 things.

1. Panko crusted sausage stuffed chicken breasts.
Buy large chicken breasts. Cut off fillet. Cover with plastic wrap and hammer to about 1/2 inch thickness.

- In a pan, cut open two sausages and fry up the sausage meat with some onions and mushrooms.

- Place sausage mixture on the flattened chicken breast, roll it up and secure with tooth pics.

- Dip chicken in flour, then whipped egg whites, then into panko (japanese) bread crumbs.

- Fry in 1/2 inch of quality olive oil until outsides are a nice golden brown. Put aside.

- When ready to cook, bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

2. Parsnip and Pear latkes.

- in a food processor slice up Bosc pears and parsnips in about equal quantities.

- mix with one egg white and some panko bread crumbs as well as some pepper.

- form into 3 inch "pancakes" and fry in a bit of oil.

Sauces:

For the chicken, bake some red peppers, a single jalpeno pepper (seeded) and some onion slices until soft. Remove skin from peppers. Place in blender with a bit of olive oil. Blend.

For the latkes. Mix some white horseradish with plain yogourt, cilantro leaves and pepper. Blend.

I'll probably just have some steamed asparagus on the side as well.

Delicious!!!
11/28/08 4:27 AM
Stone Rolled
22 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That sounds pretty original. Where you get these recipes?
11/28/08 10:30 AM
canuck34
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Found them both randomly online.

The latkes are always a huge hit.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.