UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> The easy walk harness

11/29/08 10:06 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
big_slacker
27 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks to whoever posted about this on an earlier thread. I've got a 2 year old boston terrier that goes into full on sled pulling mode on walks. Tried regular harness, choke chains, and the halti (Dogs hate shit on their faces FYI, other than that it was great, lol!) He would walk passably with a choke chain in a high position but it inevitably slips down and he pulls again, enough to cause a rash on his skin and affect his breathing. I worked with him forever on stopping/changing direction when he pulls, no go.

Just took him for a walk last night with the easy walk harness and he's perfect. Barely an attempt at pulling. This is similar to the halti except with the harness he doesn't stop and try to pull it off his nose and it has the added benefit of him not looking like hannibal lector. Its also super easy to put on.

Once again, great product if you have a puller in the family, give it a shot!
11/29/08 5:43 PM
MikeD
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Gla it worked for you!
12/1/08 9:56 AM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

seems like its best on the smaller dogs. I've tried it on a 32lber and a 65lber with less than stellar results.
12/4/08 7:08 PM
MikeD

How does it correct the dog if he does try to lead? I don't know that I've seen this particular device.
12/5/08 10:35 AM
MikeZev
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the d ring that you hook the leash up to in on the front of the chest so if they pull it kinda squeezes thier front legs together.
10/16/11 4:12 PM
rls99

My dog does her best to flip her head under the leash, then start pulling. This way, the ring is pulling more or less on the opposite shoulder. After a bit more training, she walks fairly well now.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.