Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
xavier123
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

mma shools on atlantic city area. also kettlebel gym
12/11/08 10:51 PM
akebh

www.Komarjiujitsu.com- a Team Balance school. BJJ mostly but has some MMA. Instructor Rich Komar-Brown Belt, Adam Komar-Purple, and Tim Carpenter-BJJ black belt and 3-0 in Pro MMA

www.Bullpenvaletudo-a Robson Moura school. Has cage,boxing ring,BJJ,Muay hai

MFS-Atlantic city-Cardo Urso, a level 1,2,or 3 under Pat militech

International karate-Yamasaki black Belt Tom Ellsion

www.ACMMA.com-Joe Diamond, a Rickson Gracie black belt.
12/17/08 6:58 PM
anthonym107

if you just want to bang out you might want to check the ninja karate academy in ventnor.

i haven't heard anything good about any of the bjj schools in the area
1/9/09 9:34 PM
akebh

anthonym107 - if you just want to bang out you might want to check the ninja karate academy in ventnor.

gimme a break. Yeah go train at Malcolm's Ninja academy and run barefoot in the snow. LOL anyone at the Ninja academy know any BJJ? Anyone fight MMA? There is a Fernando Yamasaki black belt in Somers point. There is a Team Balance Migliarese Brothers Brown belt in Dorothy. BTW Team Balance is Top 3 on the East coast for BJJ. Just Check the Team Vs Team BJJ competiton at Grapplers quest. Team Renzo got no.1 Lloyd Irvin got 2nd and Balance got 3rd. The guy who posted this thread is obviously confused. Oh did i also forget that there is a Robson Mourabrown belt in Pleasanville. Please check your facts before you post bullshit about the BJJ scene
1/9/09 9:35 PM
akebh

or you could go to Malcolms and learn ground fighting from a guy who couldnt hang with a blue belt
1/10/09 8:30 AM
maui
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I train at Yamasaki Somers Point, the instructors name is Tom Ellison and is a BB under Fernando.

Classes are held at International Karate in somers Point Tues, Thurs, and Sat

Best bunch of guys I have ever worked with

Hope this helps
1/26/09 1:44 AM
anthonym107

akebh - 
anthonym107 - if you just want to bang out you might want to check the ninja karate academy in ventnor.

gimme a break. Yeah go train at Malcolm's Ninja academy and run barefoot in the snow. LOL anyone at the Ninja academy know any BJJ? Anyone fight MMA? There is a Fernando Yamasaki black belt in Somers point. There is a Team Balance Migliarese Brothers Brown belt in Dorothy. BTW Team Balance is Top 3 on the East coast for BJJ. Just Check the Team Vs Team BJJ competiton at Grapplers quest. Team Renzo got no.1 Lloyd Irvin got 2nd and Balance got 3rd. The guy who posted this thread is obviously confused. Oh did i also forget that there is a Robson Mourabrown belt in Pleasanville. Please check your facts before you post bullshit about the BJJ scene

The person was looking for mma. bjj isn't the only aspect of mma, and I find their standup work to be more than adequate; i learned a lot more there than i did working out at the ac pal center. that's not to say that Malcolm isn't crazy or that there's anyone there thats good at bjj, although monk is a solid blue belt in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of guy loggi at international karate academy. one of my old instructors dave ellis went and worked his judo over there a few weeks before going to the olympic trials. i know a couple of dudes that train there but its like a 25 minute drive from atlantic city and i'm only down in the summer, it didnt work with my work schedule.

the school in dorthy is a solid 45 minute drive from atlantic city. a lot of people aren't willing to drive that far.

I wasn't aware of Tabora's school out on fire road. but then again it only opened a few months ago, or at least to my knowledge.

i'm very anti joe diamond and havent heard anything about mfs.
2/3/09 12:46 AM
akebh

anthonym107 - 
akebh - 

The person was looking for mma. bjj isn't the only aspect of mma, and I find their standup work to be more than adequate; i learned a lot more there than i did working out at the ac pal center. that's not to say that Malcolm isn't crazy or that there's anyone there thats good at bjj, although monk is a solid blue belt in my opinion.

I'm a big fan of guy loggi at international karate academy. one of my old instructors dave ellis went and worked his judo over there a few weeks before going to the olympic trials. i know a couple of dudes that train there but its like a 25 minute drive from atlantic city and i'm only down in the summer, it didnt work with my work schedule.

the school in dorthy is a solid 45 minute drive from atlantic city. a lot of people aren't willing to drive that far.

I wasn't aware of Tabora's school out on fire road. but then again it only opened a few months ago, or at least to my knowledge.

i'm very anti joe diamond and havent heard anything about mfs.

Sorry for jumping on you like that. I just think we have a very good BJJ/MMA scene.Cardo Urso has the MFS school located at Oceanside Gym. Im also anti-Diamond.
2/22/09 8:57 AM
maui
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Joe Diamond has evolved over the years to stay marketable, but the truth is his main source of income has always been kids type classes . Just look at his commercials of his students ( children) as well as him wearing the sweet camo kimonos

We have real Judo,BJJ and MMA here in SJ why a person would go to JD is beyond me
2/27/09 8:21 AM
akebh

Maui,how's Tommy's kid doing? I havent seen Tom in a while. If i wasnt happy training with my school Team balance Komar,i would definetly train with Tommy and Guy
2/28/09 12:35 PM
maui

Akebh

Little Tom is doing great there has been some advancements in treatments and he has responded in an incredible way , all is good at Guys great bunch of guys you should stop down sometime.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.