UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Let's talk Steroids. Let's keep it real.

11/29/08 12:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Testosterone Propinate for example: Fighters Choice. Why? Simple. You can inject it all the way leading up to your fight, and hop off for 2 weeks, and your fine. Human Growth Hormone is un-detectible. That's only 2 small examples. There is all kinds of stacks to cycle off right before the fight. Again, this is why i am a huge supporter of Random drops. It will help level the playing field.
11/29/08 12:48 PM
NoPlacebo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Everyone should watch Bigger, Stronger, Faster. It's an interesting documentary.
11/29/08 12:49 PM
Beninger
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - Testosterone Propinate for example: Fighters Choice. Why? Simple. You can inject it all the way leading up to your fight, and hop off for 2 weeks, and your fine. Human Growth Hormone is un-detectible. That's only 2 small examples. There is all kinds of stacks to cycle off right before the fight. Again, this is why i am a huge supporter of Random drops. It will help level the playing field.

If everyone is doing it, under the radar, isn't the playing field level? Do you feel, if done right, it is a safe practice (juicing)? Just wondering if you feel people should be off of it because sometimes it isn't fair, if one guy isn't doing it, or do you feel it's a danger to the athletes?
11/29/08 12:51 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Beninger, It feels good to be honest for once in my life, about my drug use. Honest with myself, my family, the fans, ect. It's all good. If it hurts my personal fighting career so be it. MMA will be my life until the day i die. I want to educate kids to not go down the same dark path I did! It's easy to do in the fighting business. It's a very unforgiving business. If i can get through to kids, it's all worth it.
11/29/08 12:53 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it should be legal. Anything can be bad for you if you don't use it in moderation.
And I don't think it's unfair at all.....It's like if one fighter supplements with a ton of creatine and vitamins, and his opponent doesn't, then fighter A has the "advantage". 
11/29/08 12:55 PM
Beninger
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - Beninger, It feels good to be honest for once in my life, about my drug use. Honest with myself, my family, the fans, ect. It's all good. If it hurts my personal fighting career so be it. MMA will be my life until the day i die. I want to educate kids to not go down the same dark path I did! It's easy to do in the fighting business. It's a very unforgiving business. If i can get through to kids, it's all worth it.

I respect that. I'm sure others do as well.
11/29/08 12:56 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Beninger, Not every single person. But a lot. Trust me on that one. No, i do not feel it's safe! and that's the point of me not wanting kids and young athletes doing it! it's not cool. And, to answer your question, of course if one guy is juicing, and the other guy is clean it's not fair. It's a very unfair advantage.
11/29/08 12:58 PM
NoPlacebo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/08 12:58 PM
But is it not the same unfair advantage that exists if one guys is bigger, faster, stronger naturally?What do you feel is not safe about it?
11/29/08 12:59 PM
Beninger

Well, considering your record, and ability to finish pretty damn quick, would you chalk that up to the juice, or just superior grappling? Do you think you had the advantage in your fights because of your strength or technique/training?
11/29/08 1:00 PM
whoabro
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jason, great thread.

as a fan, it doesn't bother me if athletes juice. i assume all of them are on gear, which is fine with me if that's what they choose to do.

from a health perspective, fighters and other pro athletes do all kinds of things that wreck their bodies, steroids are only one of them. it's also highly debatable that steroids in reasonable doses are any worse for the athletes than the sheer wear and tear they put on their bodies.

i don't fight, although have trained for many years. if i was going to fight, i would compete clean with the understanding that sometimes i would be fighting guys on roids who would have certain advantages over me because of it. i would expect that i would be unable to reach the highest level of competition without juicing, and i'm fine with that too. if i wanted to take fighting seriously, i would use whatever drugs i needed to.

again, great post jason. look forward to hearing more honest info! good luck with your recovery, i know it's a tough battle.
11/29/08 1:00 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Sagiv, Buddy, let me tell you. Your talking about apples and oranges. You can't compare vitamins and creatine to very powerfull roids. And even in moderation steroids can hurt you! Take it from someone who has done it all. Stay away from the shit.
11/29/08 1:01 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Edited: 11/29/08 1:03 PM
Beninger, Yes, of course i had the advantage in my fights. Sad, but true. However, i will tell you that some of my opponents were juicing as well. I rememember talking to some of them about it after we faught.
11/29/08 1:05 PM
Beninger

Advantage from the juice, or did you feel that you were just technically superior? I would think you could tell what made the fight go your way. If it was a long drawn out battle, and your oppenent gassed, and you managed to finish him, you could say superior conditioning won the day. I'm just wondering if you felt strength or technique was the biggest deciding factor.
11/29/08 1:05 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Edited: 11/29/08 1:07 PM
When i broke my neck, the doctor had me on HGH and test. Dr. Allen Mintz, from Cenegentics Medical Institute actually. It's a very well respected anti-aging center in Vegas. Dr. Mintz is DEAD now.
11/29/08 1:07 PM
NoPlacebo

Have you had many negative side effects from your use?
11/29/08 1:07 PM
Beninger

MoreThanUFC -  As a medicinal use to heal an injury, I think all drugs should be on the table, including HGH and testy.  To gain an advantage, no.  There should be year round drug testing, and only approved ( WAMMA, the commisions, Dana, IDK ) doctors should be able to prescribe HGH etc for healing purposes, not your local white coated drug dealer.

The shady people is the scary part. Under strict supervision, I don't see it being as dangerous as it is right now. I mean, morphine can benefit you in certain circumstances, but it's also something that can ruin your life.
11/29/08 1:09 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Whoabro, Thank You. Thanks for your input.
11/29/08 1:12 PM
edubbs
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to Jason for actually being a man and telling us what he's done/what he wants to happen. This sport would be a lot better if there were more people like him.

You have made a fan out of me in this thread. I'm in Chicago and I'll come to any event around here you promote.

TTT for Jason.
11/29/08 1:13 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Edited: 11/29/08 1:25 PM
MorethantheUFC, Your right. Let me tell you. I had a drug dealer once sell me HGH, and i was taking insulin the whole time. He sold me insulin. That's how dangerous fuckin around with the black market can be. He tricked me and i felt like i was an experienced juicer. Their are some great counterfeit gear out there today! Especially HGH.
Jason Reinhardt

More than the UFC, Your right. Let me tell you. I had a drug dealer once sell me HGH, and i was taking insulin the whole time. He sold me insulin. That's how dangerous fuckin around with the black market can be. He tricked me and i felt like i was an experienced juicer. Their are some great counterfeit gear out there today! Especially HGH.
Beninger

I think athletes having to get their stuff from guys who got it from a tijuana pharmacy isn't the best idea. Not only because they don't know what they're getting, but who knows if they even know what they're doing. If it were being given by doctors, I wouldn't see the worry about safety.
11/29/08 1:17 PM
NoPlacebo

If it were legal then the anabolic industry would also be a quite a bit larger and the amount of money going into drug development would really increase. What if Pfizer was working to develop a side effects free anabolic because so many people were going to their doctors to get them?
11/29/08 1:20 PM
Beninger

I think regulating it for athletic use, would definitely make it safer. I've never taken the stuff, but I have friends that have. They would have benefitted from a professional giving them a hand. You're never going to get rid of it, so we should give people a good option in using a professional.
11/29/08 1:23 PM
VectorWegaLives
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steroids should have no place in the sport and should be tested for even further as is financially feasible (ie at the UFC level).

Allowing steroids for recovery would be a slipper slope as many athletes would be claiming that need just to stay on an equal footing.
11/29/08 1:25 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Hojak, man bro, thanks for those kind words. I appreciate that. I've found through Rehab, being honest and open is a great way for me to live my life. I am so at peace with myself, and happy. The confidence Rehab has given me has saved my life. Well, actually getting clean off pain pills saved my life!! Nobody is living rent free in my head anymore. LOL. *I am who i am. I don't worry what others think anymore. Like me or hate me, at least i can honestly say i like who i am now. I don't want to push anything down anyones throat. I can only speak from experience, and hopefully i can be an influence on kids making the right choices. I have to live by example, and that's what i am doing, until the day i die. I can't change the past. Jason

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.