UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Let's talk Steroids. Let's keep it real.

11/29/08 2:46 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
whitejoe
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the majority of professional athletes juice for whatever competitive reasons...recovery, added strength or cosmetic... whatever the reason is, its still cheating and unfair. not everyone has access to legal or illegal pharmaceuticals. however i believe sports medicine/science is the future and until its properly regulated people are going to abuse it like any other drug....times have changed. roids need to be regulated not outlawed.
11/29/08 2:46 PM
Diego stole my name
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cravincane - 
Shiloh - and what specific health problems did you have?

I shredded my Achilles and tore out a good percentage of my calf in the process. I have about 70% use of my left leg, pain, stiffness, no stability, etc... Dr. said I have seen this type of Achilles injury many times. It is the type of Achilles tear professional athletes and power lifters have, 95% of the time it is because of steriod use.

Thats funny considering many aas INCREASE collagen synthesis
11/29/08 2:51 PM
Shiloh
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason Reinhardt - Shiloh, I will be honest with you. I don't know yet. The truth is.. I'm too scared to go get my liver and kidneys checked. I am trying to build up enough courage to do so. If you don't mind male pattern baldness, your balls shrinking to raisins, and being a real dick to your wife, and friends, then by all means have at it. I don't think you want to go down that road. At least i hope not.

no offense jason, because i think you are nice, always have. but the truth is...

bah i just changed my mind about this post. im not trying to be a dick this morning lol.

cheers!
11/29/08 2:52 PM
Shiloh

"95% of the time it is because of steriod use."

LOL source?
11/29/08 2:53 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

catch wrestler, ya man, they do teach you this in recovery. I've always worked better under pressure. Sub-conciously, I probably feel if i am 100% honest, it places me in a situation to have to account to people. That's good for me. For me to pick up again would be very very depressing. There's no way i will let my family, friends, or the MMA community down.
THP

Not believing the rhetoric. Every knowledgeable human knows if you properly take AAS then you should be fine. Kids shouldn't do them because their test is already super elevated at their age, but why shouldn't adults. There are no side effects if you cycle properly.
Shiloh

Jason,

when you do go get checked out, the Vic damage will be the prob. i hope you dont try to pin it on steroids, that would be dishonest.
11/29/08 2:57 PM
cravincane

Shiloh - "95% of the time it is because of steriod use."

LOL source?

I thought the same thing. That is what the Dr. told me. I wonder if taking steriods had anything to with my injury. I am not sure what there motivation was telling me that, but that is what I was told.
11/29/08 3:00 PM
Jason Reinhardt
208 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 11/29/08 3:03 PM
Shiloh, Not sure what you mean, but you don't have to agree with me. Not everyone will. And that's o.k It's obvious that your a roid advocate, and that's fine. Many many people are. This just proves my point. It's very prevalent in our sport. Yes, vicoden does damage. no shit. But, so do Roids. That's why people shouldn't do any of it.
11/29/08 3:01 PM
Diego stole my name
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Steroids are not safe. Anyone who says this is trying to justify his own use or abuse of the drugs.

But it should be pointed out that no drug is safe. People respond individually to drugs. Nobody knows for sure how you will react taking a substance. People have died from taking aspirin

But i would say the majority of roiders are healthier than people who smoke, drink, eat junkfood

Basically most people
11/29/08 3:03 PM
Diego stole my name

cravincane

What were you on?

Testosterone decreases collagen synthesis. But the absolute worst steroid for tendons and ligaments is Winstrol
11/29/08 3:06 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Edited: 11/29/08 3:09 PM
Diego, guys that juice get real offended when you say it's fuckin their liver and body up. They simply don't want to beleieve it, so they get real defensive. LOL. I use to be that guy! The fact of the matter is, Roids do cause damage, and people who continue to do them are at a major risk. It's like playing Russian Roulet. If my liver ends up being fine, then i got lucky.
11/29/08 3:07 PM
TripVersion01
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My opinion:
Steroids: Don't likem
But they are everywhere for sure.
To me you should know your body's limits in order to not injure yourself before a fight. Thats part of the game. Its understandably hard not to though when your living from fight payday to payday.
11/29/08 3:08 PM
Jason Reinhardt

bj-j, couldn't agree more.
11/29/08 3:11 PM
cravincane

Diego it was Winstrol. The place I got it called it Stanabol but it was Winstrol.
11/29/08 3:12 PM
Shiloh

Jason Reinhardt - Shiloh, Not sure what you mean, but you don't have to agree with me. Not everyone will. And that's o.k It's obvious that your a roid advocate, and that's fine. Many many people are. This just proves my point. It's very prevalent in our sport. Yes, vicoden does damage. no shit. But, so do Roids. That's why people shouldn't do any of it.

keep everything in perspective...

drinking alcohol is worse than your average cycle. popping pills is about 20x worse than that.

steroids are a drug. like any drug, abuse is bad. USE though is entirely different.
11/29/08 3:14 PM
Shiloh

cravincane - Diego it was Winstrol. The place I got it called it Stanabol but it was Winstrol.

this explains it. winstrol is notorious for that. but winstrol is the last thing you would take for powerlifting...
11/29/08 3:18 PM
cravincane

Shiloh - 
cravincane - Diego it was Winstrol. The place I got it called it Stanabol but it was Winstrol.

this explains it. winstrol is notorious for that. but winstrol is the last thing you would take for powerlifting...

You are right. I gained some strength, not off the charts. My goal was not powerlifting btw, those are the doctors words.
11/29/08 3:19 PM
Shiloh

yeah winstrol is shitty like that, dries you right up
11/29/08 3:22 PM
WoodenPupa
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What side effects are inevitable from roid use?

Are there a set of effects which occur in every case? Or does it depend entirely on what you are taking and how much?

Is it possible to be a "moderate" user, getting some noticeable gains while avoiding the atrocities?
11/29/08 3:24 PM
PittWrestler
149 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jason,

Did you agree with Horn's numbers of % of fighters using?

Best of luck on your sobriety, recovering health and continuing fight career.
11/29/08 3:27 PM
Shiloh

WoodenPupa - What side effects are inevitable from roid use?

nothing is inevitable.

Are there a set of effects which occur in every case? Or does it depend entirely on what you are taking and how much?

its a big class of drugs. different ones do different things. and of course side effects change on the dosage.

Is it possible to be a "moderate" user, getting some noticeable gains while avoiding the atrocities?

yes, happens all the time. infact that is by FAR the most common scenario.
11/29/08 3:29 PM
PAGrappler412
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

4L
11/29/08 3:30 PM
WoodenPupa
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The plot thickens...
11/29/08 3:32 PM
Jason Reinhardt

Wooden Pupa, Tell you what. I had a Doctor (MD) who is a power-lifter tell me that if you have ANY type of small tumor in your body laying dormant that Steroids will excelerate those cells, to become full blown cancer. Their is no way to tell. To me, that sounds like Russian Roulet, and a chance not worth taking. I'm sure Dr. Shiloh can touch on the side effects. LOL (and yes, there's always male pattern baldness, bitch tits, your balls shrinking, mood swings, Ance, ect.. to deal with)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.