UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Civil Procedure Help

12/2/08 1:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
HaMMerHouseFAN
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have my Civ Pro exam this upcoming Tuesday and everything just seems so confusing. Any tips on studying or things to help me better understand?

Thanks
12/2/08 5:05 PM
Fake Pie
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I always just reread my notes. It has been 3 years or I would offer to help. Maybe try a commercial outline? Get an outline from a fellow student? Get someone in class to help?
12/2/08 5:10 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the help Fake Pie. I just wasn't "getting it" from my outline but I am reading the capsules from and Emanuel on Civ Pro that seems to be helping.
12/2/08 5:25 PM
Cookie Monster
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude... Civ Pro is a toughie to cram for,

I would talk to students how have already been through the class with this professor and try to get a feel for his/her exam and preferences and try to go from there.
12/2/08 5:51 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN

I'm finding that out Cookie Monster. It almost seems like there is no starting point with the Subject Matter Juris., Territorial Juris., Venue, etc.
12/2/08 9:14 PM
Fake Pie
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/02/08 9:14 PM
Just don't rely only on commercial outlines. The biggest thing should be to read your notes (and most people outline but I didn't find it necessary). Your professor told you everything he wanted you to know. Also look at his old exams. That is a big thing.

Do you want my old civpro notes? Probably not useful because it can be so different based on the professor but you never know.
12/2/08 11:51 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN

Yeah, I would read your notes. It can't hurt to read them because I'm sure there will be stuff on the exam that you have in your notes. Thanks Fake Pie.
12/3/08 11:47 AM
seg
44 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Erie doctrine.  That's all I remember.  You're welcome.
12/3/08 11:53 AM
Fake Pie

No problem. I got your MMA Mail. I will package up and send you whatever I have when I get home tonight. Do you have OneNote? If not I will just save as a .doc.

I'll send you whatever outlines and shit I happen to have as well.
12/3/08 5:38 PM
bflex
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

INTERNATIONAL SHOE BITCHES!
12/4/08 10:36 AM
HaMMerHouseFAN

Did you get a chance to mail me your notes?

International Shoe is alright....Minimum Contacts FTW
12/5/08 6:48 AM
Fake Pie

Sorry I've been crazy busy and that crap is on another computer somewhere. I will look tonight I promise. When is the final?
12/5/08 10:53 AM
HaMMerHouseFAN

It's on Tuesday
12/5/08 11:29 AM
Fake Pie

Crap. Sorry I am at work all fucking day and night... this is what you have to look forward to my friend... or not, considering the market.
12/5/08 9:44 PM
Fake Pie

Sent you what I had. Hope it helps.

I miss school. Enjoy it while it lasts.
12/8/08 9:13 PM
HaMMerHouseFAN

I got your emails. I really appreciate you sending me your notes and info. Especially since it sounds like you had to do some searching on our computer for them. Thanks again man.
12/9/08 9:29 AM
Fake Pie

Good luck today!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.