UnderGround Forums

Health & Medical UnderGround >> How to eat well but CHEAP?

1/21/12 12:10 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Seul
16 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Z
3/16/12 6:18 PM
HULC
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Milk, Bananas, Eggs, Beans, Beef Burgers.

This is what i live on when money is tight. Throw in some bread and butter (i tend to avoid it these days) and you have a filling, if not particularly imaginative, diet that could last you a long time.
3/28/12 6:33 PM
poolparty
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if i could get by with 75 a week i would be happy.
3/28/12 7:08 PM
Bobby Lupo
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mujadera-

4 onions chopped
1/2 cup cheap olive oil
8 cups water
2 cups rice
2 cups lentils
1 tablespoon cumin
salt to taste

Fry onions in oil until dark brown, but not burned (35 mins)
Add lentils to the onions, add the water, boil, cover and cook for 30 mins.
Add the rice, salt and cumin, mix well, cover and cook for 20 mins.

Done-sky

That's like 14 servings. It lasts for a week and is cheap and delicious. Have it as a side. On it's own. Make a fritatta with it.
4/15/12 4:03 PM
UFCfan1002
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brown rice, organic fruit and veg (despite popular belief, it's not more expensive, if you shop in the right places), lentils, tofu, wholewheat pasta, organic oats.

The key is good quality, brown starchy foods, like wholewheat pasta and brown rice. They make you feel fuller for longer. Much better than their white compatriots. Also, your energy levels remain more constant throughout the days, so you don't have the urge to reach for the sugary, sh*tty and expensive junk food snacks, which will save you $$ !!
4/19/12 3:14 PM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd stay away from majority of grains unless you're consuming them pre-hard workouts or training or work a construction job. 
4/25/12 6:53 PM
UFCfan1002
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ArthurKnoqOut -  I'd stay away from majority of grains unless you're consuming them pre-hard workouts or training or work a construction job. 

Interesting, why's that?
6/16/12 5:46 PM
Shabazeid
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can of black beans...can of salmon or mackarel. Good with rice or tortillas.
11/2/12 10:49 AM
ArthurKnoqOut
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

UFCfan1002 - 
ArthurKnoqOut -  I'd stay away from majority of grains unless you're consuming them pre-hard workouts or training or work a construction job. 

Interesting, why's that?

research the problem with modern wheat and grains in general :)

11/5/12 10:15 PM
joemasepoos
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^ Arthur , thanks for all your input , I always appreciate your posts .

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.