UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Anyone going to NAMM?

12/6/08 2:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Iron Man
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hope to be there on friday, saturday and sunday.

Anyone else going?
12/6/08 6:44 AM
jman
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Probably. I'm in Taiwan now and coming back to the USA on January 14 so I'll probably make it.
12/6/08 9:10 PM
sreiter
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i plan on going all 3 days
12/10/08 11:29 AM
Iron Man
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey jman - what are you doing in taiwan? will you be a the line 6 booth?

sreiter - i look for you there.

hey racer x - are you going???
12/10/08 3:29 PM
sreiter

cool

you went JD's "south bay" ufc parties dont you?

i think andre, aaron(mr armbar), tom(comprido1), and a buch of others were there - back when we first started the south bay get togethers

I think we met once or twice there
12/11/08 8:56 AM
jman
530 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I took a break from my job at Line 6 and am spending Three Months In Taiwan with my wife trying to learn Chinese, it is fucking HARD:

http://threemonthsintaiwan.blogspot.com

I'll be back in the USA January 14.
12/13/08 6:29 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Oh, I'll be there. Bringing the new girlfriend, ought to be interesting.

Back on the 14th,jimmy? That gets you there in time to sleep off the jet lag and go to the show.
12/15/08 10:59 AM
Iron Man

sreiter

yeah i was at jd's party. and we met again over at joe chalakee's bjj and bbq party.

jman

chinese huh? very cool. i am only know cantonese. i really need to learn some mandarin.

racer x - i still have your cell number. i will call you when i am there.

i am really excited to go this year. since i have been doing the fingerstyle playing i am looking forward to trying out the different acoustic guitars. i was at the guitar center yesterdy and i played a used collings and two used santa cruz and wow, great guitars. i have never played a santa cruz guitar and i am impressed. sam ash in hollywood moved their acoustic guitar upstairs into a much bigger room so now they have a really nice set up.
12/15/08 4:46 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Someone please kick Ed Roman in the ass to keep up the tradition.
12/15/08 5:39 PM
Racer X
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ponyboy - Someone please kick Ed Roman in the ass to keep up the tradition.

Ed Roman hasn't seen his own ass in decades. That dude is a double wide crazy actin'  Jabba the guitar dealer. Very odd fish from all accounts.
12/15/08 7:42 PM
sreiter

Iron Man - sreiter

yeah i was at jd's party. and we met again over at joe chalakee's bjj and bbq party.

right

i think i still have pics somewhere
12/15/08 7:45 PM
sreiter

iron

check out a goodall

i wated one for years and just put it off. now they're 3x the price i was gonna by one at - wonder if mcCabes has any used ones cheap?? they're around 10k now

something that sounds great and affordable (3k) are the blueridges - maybe they'll let them go for dealer cost on sunday
12/16/08 1:28 PM
Racer X

If you are into archtop guitars, stop by Tom Ribekke's booth. Awesome work.
12/16/08 4:07 PM
Iron Man

i hear goodalls are amazing guitars. i will be a kid at a candy store when at namm. plus there are so many great player there to watch. i usually bring my video camera with me too.

see you there, sreiter.
12/17/08 8:30 AM
jman

Edited: 12/17/08 8:37 AM
Goodal gutiars are amazing. I played a $5000 one a few years ago at McCabes and it sounded like it had a built in reverb system in it. Just fucking incredible sound.

The best acoustic guitar store I've ever been at is Buffalo Brother Guitars

I bought my Northwood Orchestral Acoustic guitar there. Unreal selection, McCabes has mabye 5% of the guitars that this place has. You have to visit it if you haven't been there before. Really nice people there as well (unlike McCabes). It is about 100 miles south of Los Angeles and 50 miles north of San Diego in Carlsbad, CA.

12/17/08 6:17 PM
Ponyboy
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't forget to check out the one armed bass player.
12/17/08 8:23 PM
sreiter

jman

i havent been in mccabes for like 10 years, but they were always really nice to me everytime i was in there

amd i'd be in there like every sat (before BJJ it's right by street sports) and i only bought a few small items

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.