UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> First Tattoo and Jobs

12/7/08 7:58 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Brabo Fett
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have wanted to get a tattoo on my upper back for a while. I am a college finance major and I will soon be looking for a job. I have done some research online and it seems that there is a mixed reaction to employees with tattoos. My question is: what do you all think about a person getting a tattoo working in an office environment?
12/8/08 1:15 AM
Fernando

I worked in the corporate world for a bit and I have full sleeves, I wore long sleeves and no one knew.

Some of the secretaries saw me at a bar and they were shocked I had so much Ink, they thought I was some nerd.

I figure as long as I am not a total douche bag then folks won't care about tattoos etc....
12/8/08 4:31 PM
ThunderLips

Fernando - I worked in the corporate world for a bit and I have full sleeves, I wore long sleeves and no one knew.

Some of the secretaries saw me at a bar and they were shocked I had so much Ink, they thought I was some nerd.

I figure as long as I am not a total douche bag then folks won't care about tattoos etc....

amen
12/9/08 12:17 PM
The Popeye
556 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I dont think anyone has even notices that I have a half sleeve and I wear short sleeves all the time. the bottom sticks out below my sleeves but it is dark so since no one has bothered to ask I dont think they know.
3/2/09 11:56 AM
RandomTASK

As long as your covered you'll be fine and I agree with Fernando's comments.  You'll be surprised at how many senior people have tats, but that doesn't really give you a free pass.  Unfortunately, preception is key in the white collar world.
3/9/09 4:12 AM
sepe

I think you'd have bigger problems than a tattoo if you were in an interview with your shirt off. It also depends on where you live. I live in the Midwest and some older people still look at people with more than a couple small tattoos as dangerous/ex-cons.

12/15/09 3:53 AM
PembrokePinesVillain

this thread is stupid, sorry, if its not visible then who cares? doctors, lawyers, politicians all have tattoos, just not on their neck face or hands. if its not on your neck face or hands then you are good to go, screw what anyone thinks.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.