UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> ATTN Smiley - amazing clicker training vid

12/9/08 1:28 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MikeZev
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

dont know if you saw this. i got a laugh out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txq_BogA1NM&eurl=http://www.pitbullforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=109268&feature=player_embedded
12/10/08 9:17 AM
MikeZev
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

nothin?
12/10/08 9:53 AM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Not taking the bait this time...
12/10/08 12:06 PM
MikeZev

you gotta admit thats pretty astonishing though regardless of how they got the mouse to do that!
12/10/08 1:28 PM
smileythai
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/10/08 1:28 PM
Astonishing, how? Agility is a integral part of rodent behavior based on their environment and search for food. It doesn't surprise me in the least that a rodent can be prompted with food in stressless environments to perform 'tricks' on command the same way a dog will balance a treat on its nose or pull tremendous weights with hot dogs or chew toys in front of its face.

Did you see the indoor ladder work I posted on the other thread? Would that Mal still negotiate the ladder if the expectation of a tug reward was removed? What about the addition of stressors such as unstable footing(ladder swaying) or smoke/fire?

Agility exercises are not circus tricks.   
12/10/08 1:36 PM
MikeZev

dont be a fucking grinch! its a mouse doing an obstacle course! how often do you get to see that? i dont care if they shoved red hot pokers up his ass to get him to do that, its entertaining!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.