UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Made roast beef-will it keep?

12/9/08 4:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
hvt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/09/08 4:10 PM

So I cooked a roast beef in the oven yesterday. I cooked it quite rare and I've got about 1 lb left. This should be enough to make some glorious sandwiches, but I'm wondering how long this thing will keep in the fridge? My gut tells me that I should be able to finish it within a couple of days, but I've never really kept any leftover meat cooked rare before, what say you?
12/10/08 1:22 PM
GaryG
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least a week. I speak from experience.
12/10/08 6:57 PM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think it starts to decline after 3 days - if you're gonna warm the meat up first, I'd say you could safely go for 5 days without shitting your brains out
12/11/08 12:34 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Keep it in the cold part, the one for meat.  I'd go until it looked/smelled like it was time to get rid of it myself, but I eat stuff that falls on the floor too with blatant disregard for the 5 second rule.
12/11/08 10:59 PM
Extendo
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You are worried about keeping a pound of roast beef? Two sandwiches, breakfast and lunch.
12/12/08 1:59 AM
hvt
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extendo - You are worried about keeping a pound of roast beef? Two sandwiches, breakfast and lunch.

Well that's basically what happened, but it's good to hear that rare meat will keep for a few days at least, thank's guys.
12/12/08 10:04 AM
Extendo
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, I find the first two days are fine, the third day tolerable and after that it just starts to go off.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.