UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Eastern Promises

12/9/08 7:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
awhite11
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was just watching Eastern Promises and the tattoos that Viggo Mortensen (Don't remember his character's name) had on the inside of his shoulders (the stars) are ALMOST identical to the ones that Alexander Emelianenko has in the same place.  

In the movie I believe that these are given to captains in the Russian mafia.  I obvoiusly have no background in this sort of stuff but was wondering if anyone could give an explaination if this was true or not.

12/9/08 9:07 PM
rare
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yup... stars over his heart.

the dude is a profighter, so you already dont want to mess with him, but no one gets tattoos like that unless they've done some shit.

those arent some nautical star some oc punk ass kid gets.
12/10/08 2:16 AM
thefaint
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yep. Pretty much everyone in the MMA community found out what they meant by watching that movie. If I'm not mistaken, someone mentioned the similarities in an interview with him right after the movie came out and he more or less confirmed that that's what they were for.
12/10/08 9:13 AM
Midleah

Bet he can't knife fight in the nude, though...
12/10/08 5:49 PM
Fernando

Russian Prison Tattoos: Codes of Authority, Domination, and Struggle is a good book regarding the meanings etc......
12/10/08 10:07 PM
awhite11

Crazy shit. Thanks for confirming this stuff.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.