UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> walking killing my game

12/12/08 8:16 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
taba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

anyone switch to walking? your game suffer at first? how long to recover?
12/12/08 2:20 PM
Animal Chin
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

walking is stupid.

12/19/08 12:33 AM
GolfBaller
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/19/08 2:36 AM
AC is right for the most part, but I will elaborate to help just because I respect any individual who gets off his lazy FUCK and walks. I still walk with the members on a frequent basis and it hurts on occasion. In all seriousness, you will notice a little soreness after nine due to the fact you are not used to the effort you exert. The majority of the true pain comes from the occasional nine hole walk. After that, you are talking the same as a serious 30 minute workout. Most people don't realize, but when you walk you are carrying a FUCKIN' 40 lb. bag about 4.5 miles that is some SERIOUS SHIT.
As a pro, I try to take it easy. Watch the hell out, though. For an amateur, it is extremely difficult to adjust to the cardiovascular aspect of walking. You will get fuckin' fatigued and it will have an impact on how you play. When you are out of breath and try to hit a 200 yard iron shot...HA! GoooooooooD Luck! Sprint for 1 fuckin' minute and try to hit a shot.

You'll be lucky if you get it airborne. Getting in shape is certainly a big part of being able to walk and play well and I respect anyone who does it.
12/19/08 8:33 AM
Animal Chin
77 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was really just fucking around becuase i've been a caddie for so long.

there's a group of members here that play several times a week and when i play with them i walk.  golfballer is right on, if you're not in some kind of decent shape you're fucked.

12/20/08 1:17 PM
taba
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

just mental. doesn't seem much exercise (I run), but I can't seem to make myself slow down when swinging. it seems an interruption to my walk.

though putting seems too fine a movement after pulling a cart. pushing everything. grr.

I'll keep it up.
12/20/08 4:35 PM
Animal Chin

pulling a cart?  carry your shit.

12/21/08 4:49 AM
taba

make me.
12/21/08 8:05 AM
Animal Chin

you haven't "switched" to walking until you do.

12/22/08 10:56 AM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Maybe you should learn to breathe?

1/12/09 10:57 AM
hendew
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I walk just about every course out here in Colorado that I golf,except the really high slope ones in the mountains.
2/26/09 10:37 AM
taba

update: game back to (sucky) carting standard. really enjoying it. may try carrying the bag.
5/24/09 10:52 PM
Gforce
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

On the other hand, if you already run 25+ miles a week, walking IS stupid.
5/27/09 12:14 PM
SlyGuy
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I walk every round now. Here in Canada I would pay an extra $600 to add riding to my membership. Most people walk. I rode for a year and a half when I had heel spur problems and started walking again this year. I much prefer to walk.
5/28/09 2:44 AM
taba

gots me a pencil bag and carrying. easier than dragging a cart around.

of course it is now 120+ degrees when I play, so it may be back to the cart for the summer.
8/21/09 2:08 AM
Stone17Wolf
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

taba - gots me a pencil bag and carrying. easier than dragging a cart around.

of course it is now 120+ degrees when I play, so it may be back to the cart for the summer.

Correct....I only walk when the temperature is mild or colder. From April til October I have to rent a cart because of the heat. I generally play better when I walk and am more focused than when I'm scooting around on a cart.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.