UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Spinach Dip.... Can you make my recipe better??

12/13/08 1:15 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
LIZZARDBOY
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I make a simple spinach dip, I like the dip but it's just not as good as some i have when i'm out at restaurants.. this is how I make it

just a blond roux with 1/4 cup vegtable oil and 1/4 cup flour, then add 2 cups of milk slowly until it coats the back of the spoon, add a pitch of salt and pepper and then add 1/2 cup parmesan and 1/2 cup of monterey jack.

in a pan i simmer 1 bag of cut fresh spinach with a small diced onion

Then fold both together and then in the oven on 400f

...can you tell me where I'm going wrong??
12/14/08 2:11 AM
flemsnopes

Not just spinach, but this stuff is really good.
12/16/08 12:52 PM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

More salt.  Probably.  The stuff you eat at restaurants has as much salt as all the jock straps in an NBA lockerroom.  

And I'd do 1/4c more parmesan and 1/4c less jack, but that's just because I love parmesan.  
12/18/08 1:29 AM
ashleigh11
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

add some marinated artichokes.
12/20/08 2:44 PM
LIZZARDBOY

crescentwrench -   More salt.  Probably.  The stuff you eat at restaurants has as much salt as all the jock straps in an NBA lockerroom.  

And I'd do 1/4c more parmesan and 1/4c less jack, but that's just because I love parmesan.  

i made it last night, added more salt and more parmesan less jack... tasted great!!!
12/22/08 8:48 AM
crescentwrench
240 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good deal.  Now add those artichokes!  Chokes are delicious even if they do look like alien pods.  Check your burps though.  
12/24/08 1:20 PM
NovakHT
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love adding artichokes and a few diced jalepenos !

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.