UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Might Go In on a RED camera

12/19/08 1:47 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

with a buddy.

gonna take a class on it in January.

http://www.red.com/cameras/

simply AMAZING
1/31/09 2:31 AM
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JKDU--MMA For The Street, BJJ, Kali, President
    Please be sure that you get a lot of info on the red one. The body is inexpensive, but to maximize this technology you need all the film accessories, including an inventory of film lenses.
    Then, you need a coloration expert to make the images look great. I love this technology, and plan to utilize it in my next movie, but I have an expert cinematographer who owns two bodies and all the goodies needed.
3/26/09 10:03 PM
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Burton -     Please be sure that you get a lot of info on the red one. The body is inexpensive, but to maximize this technology you need all the film accessories, including an inventory of film lenses.
    Then, you need a coloration expert to make the images look great. I love this technology, and plan to utilize it in my next movie, but I have an expert cinematographer who owns two bodies and all the goodies needed.

inexpensive? its 17,000

http://www.red.com/store
3/29/09 5:32 AM
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JKDU--MMA For The Street, BJJ, Kali, President
The next cheapest camera that gives a similar picture quality is the Sony F900, which costs about $100,000. In its category, the red one is quite inexpensive. One high quality film lens will cost over $30,000 and some are close to the $100,000 range. Very expensive art, this filmaking!
3/29/09 10:17 PM
Kona Silat
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that makes sense. Thought I did recall that red camera was once in the 4000 range.
4/21/09 1:20 PM
andre
417 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PTM,

If you have my number, can you give me a call when you have the chance?

Thanks!
4/30/09 6:57 PM
PTM2020
910 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey Andre.  I lost your number when I lost my phone.

sent you a pm.
5/10/09 2:45 PM
RyPuhnie
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great cam, shot my last flick with it. used zeiss super primes. bad ass. i edited all the footage at 2k right on my laptop. had to do it unlimited rt but other than that, smooth as silk.
9/18/11 5:22 AM
Devlyn
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 09/18/11 5:22 AM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.