UnderGround Forums

DantheWolfMan UnderGround >> Quick clarification of A.S.A.P

12/20/02 7:35 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
rbradk
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 20-Dec-02

Mr. Blauer or any PDR coach, I was going over my notes and need a clarity update. What does the first A in ASAP stand for A. S. Speed A. Aggression P. Proximity I neglected to write that one down. Thanks in advance for any help.
12/20/02 11:45 AM
Chuckk

I think its Awareness Peace, Chuck
12/20/02 5:56 PM
P

Edited: 20-Dec-02 06:34 PM
The A-SAP model from the SPEAR System is: Awareness at the time of the attack Speed of the attack Aggression of attack Proximity of the attack For those of you who have'nt seen it before it's a very powerful learning tool used to help illustrate where you may find yourself in the 'flinch conversion process' during a suprise attack. The reason for the dash is that your level of awareness at the time of the attack is the generally the most critical element: For example - An attack can be fast, close and aggressive but if you pick up the pre-contact cues and move at the 'intention to action' phase you may be fully tactical. Conversely, a pillow placed slowly over your face while you are sleeping will likely cause a primal response. Hope that Helps, Phil
12/20/02 8:51 PM
rbradk

Thank you Phil and Chuck. I was writing,listening and watching at the same time. While re-writing and re-viewing my notes I had to make sure I was not mistaken. The clarity is back.... Brad
12/21/02 8:49 AM
temp152885

Edited: 21-Dec-02 09:15 AM
A deeper evolution to perhaps to view the ASAP formula and further peel down the onion is to realize what the Bad Guy controls and what the Good Guy controls In the attack/ambush…The Bad Guy controls the “timeline of the fight” which include the Speed of the attack, its aggression and the proximity of the attacker to you(SAP). The Good Guy controls the things that allow you to have tactics to do something, he controls ….. Skills / Ability (Do you have the tools to solve the problem, have you trained for it?) Consent (Do you want to engage the problem, do you give yourself permission?) Awareness (are you aware of the problem, surprise, suspicion, certainty) (SCA) Hope that helps in allowing you to further explore both sides of the event. A combatives coach once told us “that the clarity in which we define something determines its usefulness” J Take Care Joe Mullings
12/21/02 10:05 PM
rbradk

Edited: 21-Dec-02
Thank you Joe....I have been mentally training and practicing the past few days. I call it making onion rings....As I write out more and more confrontation timelines I appreciate the true adaptability of the system. After the defuse stage has failed ( as long as YOUR pride or ego has not dictated YOUR strategy ) The shift between force options is seamless, as dictated by your scenario. Just waiting for the new tapes to come in and then it is on to some training...Hope to see you in Jan. & Feb. Thanks again, Brad
12/22/02 5:50 AM
Tony Blauer

Edited: 22-Dec-02
Blauer Tactical Systems, Inc.
GOod stuff guys. Tony

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.