UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Anyone got a Les Paul Studio?

12/20/08 12:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
bgyuk
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Im getting a new guitar in the sales, either a SG 35 or Les Paul studio.

Anyone got a either of these guitars? If so whats their good and bad points?

Thanks for any replys.
12/20/08 3:47 PM
Shootozen
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

don't waste your time with a studio- find an Edwards LP it'll be cheaper and 1000x better build than Gibby (their QC has gone downhill for the most part, imo)

Edwards are CRAZY good guitars-

Edwards is ESP in Japan btw-
12/21/08 6:47 PM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got an LP Studio, I like them a lot. I don't know if they're worth the price tag anymore though, its basically a stripped down version of a standard (no binding) but for some reason they now run almost the same price. Anyway, I love the pickups- really hot like the custom. Solid, great sounding guitar.
12/21/08 8:56 PM
bgyuk
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DasBeaver - I've got an LP Studio, I like them a lot. I don't know if they're worth the price tag anymore though, its basically a stripped down version of a standard (no binding) but for some reason they now run almost the same price. Anyway, I love the pickups- really hot like the custom. Solid, great sounding guitar.

Cheers reason a ask is in the sale there is one going for £650 there normally around £900. I have a USA strat and always fancied a les paul :)
12/22/08 12:31 AM
The Double Deuce
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/22/08 12:31 AM
I mostly play fenders. My LP studio is my "least expensive" guitar I have. It is really a fantastic value to be honest. It's great for all styles of music. One thing that pisses me off is that I often hit the toggle switch when playing, especially when standing up playing. However, like I said, I am a fender guy. Maybe it is something that won't effect you if you make it your guitar of choice.
12/22/08 8:34 AM
DasBeaver
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^Haha, thats my problem with Fenders.
12/25/08 8:48 PM
whtblt4eva
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not to hi-jack the thread, but does anyone out there know about Epiphone Les Paul Elitists? I want a Gibson Les Paul but i'm broke.
12/30/08 12:42 PM
DasBeaver

Edited: 12/30/08 12:42 PM
I was doing some recording last night and brought my LP Studio. The engineer had a few guitars and said I could use whatever sounded best. I tried them all out and the '57 Goldtop blew everything else away. They might be just a tad more pricey than the Elitists...

I've heard the eletists are pretty decent guitars for the money though.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.