UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> Car problem

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/21/08 12:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stevel20
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello people of the motorground.

I currently own a 2007 Pontiac G5. Nothing special but it gets the job done. Tonight I was on my way home from the moves and I arrived at a stop sign. I started to take off and my car started making strange noises. Kind of like humming noises but not exactly. The car then started slowing down on its own. I pressed the gas farther and it barely kept going and continued to slow down. The dash board started flickering on and off before I came to a stop next to a curb and the car shut off.

I then tried to restart the car and it would not turn on. The headlights turn on but when I completely try to start the ignition not even a sound. The light on my car ceiling no longer turns on. The hazard lights show they are working inside of the car when I turn them on, but on the outside they don't flicker. The key remote no longer works. The electronic locks no longer work.

The headlights are still nice and bright so the tow truck driver said it couldn't be the battery and possibly the computer is fried. If it is the computer, how much would one of these costs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
12/21/08 1:04 AM
stevel20

Also, when I turn the ignition to "on" the dash will read "power steering" then it changes to "low fuel" even though I gassed up all the way in the morning. It also claims I have no oil and no brake fluid even though it does.

The car won't even make a sound when I try to start the ignition. Absolutely nothing.

Thank you all.
12/21/08 1:28 AM
white belt
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

07, hopefully still under warranty? If not I would still take this one to the dealer. Even though it may not be a widespread problem I'm sure someone in the stealer network will have seen it and can save you time and money on diagnostics. Way too many possibilities to hazard a guess.
12/21/08 1:51 AM
stevel20

Only the basic warranty. Chances are, whatever the problem is, wont get covered.
2/4/09 4:54 PM
moparbob

if its the computer it will have to be programmed so you will have to take it to the dealership. that is your best bet. i would still have the battery checked though. and on the g5 the steering is electronic but that shouldnt shut the car down. you just wouldnt have any power steering. the ecu may just need to be programmed and not replaced. take it to the dealership.
2/5/09 11:27 PM
Ponyboy
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GM of this vintage don't need reprogramming and certainly don't suddenly lose it on their own.

I am the general manager of a standard motor products ECU rebuilding facility.

This guy has either a bad battery terminal or a dead battery or a bad body ground.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.