UnderGround Forums

Pinoy UnderGround >> Tell Me About MANILA

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/21/08 8:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
1872 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/21/08 8:48 AM

Haven't been there since 2000.   My memories were ALOT of polution, kids running around in the streets pressing their heads on your windows for a handout, 1 hour to move about 5 blocks in traffic,  brown ocean waters and very little prospects for change.  Although, I did have a blast at the places my cousins took me to and I spent ALOT of time at the malls.

I  hear alot has changed though,  and there is quite a bit of construction and a concerted effort to clean up the city and it's image.

Please tell me such changes are happening.   Is the economic climate over here being felt there yet or are there glimmers of hope & change to come?

Salamate,

-p

12/21/08 2:35 PM
EKPOGI
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

uhmm..ive been going hom to manila yearly since 2003.its facking beautiful there.

pollution,traffic?sure its there.but yearly,theres all this giant buildings of condos and newer and bigger malls(i do mean BIGGER) popping up.great places to go out to nightly.

i think its cleaner than what it used to be.nothing drastic but you can tell the younger generation is slowly taking over.generic medication is there,waterless urinals are there(you to be environment friendly).

economy could always do better but its ok.people can still afford to buy iphones and nice cellphones.

but i spend a month there yearly,so someone who lives there will have a different view.
12/21/08 6:27 PM
El_Varaco
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

there are some parts of manila that are cleaner and better

like the one's along the bay (although the water still stinks, it stinks less now and the gigantic mall of asia (they're opening an LAX there soon, don't know if it will do well though since it's a bit far away)

there are still places that are still more or less shitholes, that I would not walk through even if i was carrying a gun.

Makati is still nice, Fort Bonifacio in Taguig is nicer though and is shaping up to be the new business district of Metro Manila, the place actually makes me think of Singapore in some parts.

but Manila is still my favorite, that place has character. The old art deco buildings, Chinatown, Malate with the white dudes and their super exotic chicks, etc. I just love it.
12/22/08 3:05 AM
LiteBlu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah, that area in taguig, The Fort, Market Market, Century City (or whatever they call it), that place is full of gigantic condos, shopping centers and out door plazas. a pretty nice place. It's also got the Embassy, if you wanna see where all the young celebrities, actors, actresses go out to party on Friday and Sat nights.
12/22/08 4:20 AM
EKPOGI
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

El_Varaco -

but Manila is still my favorite, that place has character. The old art deco buildings, Chinatown, Malate with the white dudes and their super exotic chicks, etc. I just love it.

+1 grew up in paco malate and im there yearly.i do hate the nightlife there,its like castro in san francisco(catch my drift?) and lots of police checkpoints which takes out the fun.

makati got the best clubs.embassy is a lot nicer and bigger this year,though that curfew and last call for alcohol made it gay as fuck.pasig got the cool places to chill,drink and eat.
12/22/08 7:31 AM
El_Varaco
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

though that curfew and last call for alcohol made it gay as fuck.

true

get your ass to alchemy instead.

It's also got the Embassy, if you wanna see where all the young celebrities, actors, actresses go out to party on Friday and Sat nights.

the only time I go to embassy is on Halloween, that place on halloween almost makes me wish I was single again. if you're in embassy on Halloween and go home alone, you fucking suck, and should just stick to jacking.
12/22/08 8:47 AM
lelo
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how's caloocan? i lived there a loong time ago, when i was a toddler, lol
12/22/08 12:30 PM
El_Varaco

don't go there too much because it's a good 2 hours away from where I am, factoring in the traffic. and 2 hours in Manila traffic is enough to drive you insane
12/22/08 4:50 PM
EKPOGI

El_Varaco - 
though that curfew and last call for alcohol made it gay as fuck.

true

get your ass to alchemy instead.

alchemy was off the hook last 07.08 not so much.
12/23/08 5:34 AM
LiteBlu
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 12/23/08 5:37 AM
"pasig got the cool places to chill,drink and eat."You're talking about Tiendecitas in Pasig right? Man, that place' got the best turo turo food, and live bands everysingle night of the week! I love that place. It's where I got addicted to Crispy Tenga and the sizzling sisig! It's probably one of the best outdoor eating places in metro manila, great atmosphere, huge selection of food, great music.
12/23/08 9:37 AM
EKPOGI

^yeah tiendesitas is cool.they got a paradise for pinoy food only matched by marketmarket @the fort,tiendesitas got a paradise for petlovers too,rows and rows of petstores.

but if you drive to j.vargas they got a bunch of good grub their too and sweet places to chill like Bugsys.
1/20/09 4:15 PM
PTM2020
1872 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

1/21/09 9:23 AM
khd29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been back only 3 times for short visits only (one week). Everytime I wish I could stay longer.

Somebody pls. post video of Hot Dog's "Manila".
1/21/09 11:53 PM
PTM2020

^hmmm never heard of that.

find a link and I'll post it.
1/22/09 2:36 AM
EKPOGI

Hot Dog's "Manila" is the perfect theme song for balikbayans.
1/23/09 3:23 AM
EKPOGI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaU1Wkcpf1g&feature=related
1/23/09 3:31 AM
PTM2020

beautiful

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.