UnderGround Forums

Pinoy UnderGround >> Who can eat the grossest stuff here?

12/23/08 2:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kanotoa
180 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My wife is half filipino and she likes the finer things like wine and fancy food. She also likes stuff like pigs feet and tripe. Filipinos in Hawaii eat tripe with the green stuff and bile with liquor. Can anyone beat that?

I truly believe fear factor does not allow Pinoys from competing because they would have an unfair advantage.
12/23/08 3:30 PM
khd29
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I can eat a lot of Isaw (all kinds except the day old chick), Balut, penoy (just like a hard boiled duck egg), pig feet/knucles, etc. Sisig, Dinakdakan- the pig's face/mask, ear, chopped up and mixed with brain to make it greasier. Lots of cartilage and fat. Some substitute it with mayo for the brain.

The ones that Zimmern ate, like the worms, grasshoppers, beatles, - no.
The day old chick is actually an egg that didn't hatch. So the vendors open the egg and put it in a skewer.
12/23/08 4:05 PM
PTM2020
1350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wrote a whole thing on here many years ago about how I traveled throughout P.I. and I ate alot of crazy stuff. Then went on a nationwide search to eat some dog but could never find a place that served it, actually people would look at me like I was crazy where ever I asked, some lady even scolded me. lol.

It was at a point where I thought the whole dogeating thing was a myth or was perpetuated during WW2 when they were starving and ate anything they could.
I guess there are still some places where they'll cook a dog but I wasn't able to find it.   Anyways, it was the longest post I ever made on these boards and it got lost a few days later when Kirik deleted the OG.   :  (

12/23/08 5:48 PM
jagg

PTM2020,

Next time try Baguio city and Tuguegarao city,..they still serve dog.
12/24/08 12:10 AM
El_Varaco
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the only way to eat dog is to find some drunks pay them money to cook you some dog stew

I've never eaten one myself, but they say it goes down warm like a shot of Tanduay

the most extreme I've gone is monitor lizard though, only because they told me it was chicken, dumbass that I was I didn't notice that this particular "chicken" had really long ribs.
12/24/08 12:54 AM
mikecalimbas
26 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought I could until you f*cks started talking about dog.
12/24/08 9:02 AM
khd29

I had dog when I was little, probably about 9 yrs old. I knew it was a dog but it didn't bother me then. Cooked 3 differnt ways- Dinuguan, Kilawen and Kaldereta. The meat in the dinuguan was crunchy, don't know how. I thought dog meat was very gamey and I stank like a dog after I sweat it out playing basketball as if I was Ron Jaworski. That much I remember. I can never ever eat dog ever again, though.

PTM- On my way to Banaue Rice Terreces, I saw lots of towns that sold dog. Some even had it skinned up and displayed.

El-Varaco- Monitor Lizard? I had bayawak, don't know it that's the same. It was too salty for me.
12/24/08 9:09 AM
PTM2020
1350 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

oh man... I gotta make a Ron Jawarski Thread.
12/24/08 12:28 PM
TristanESP
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ Ron Jawo... that fool played till he was like 60. "player coach"
12/24/08 12:31 PM
TristanESP
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wait, Ron Jaworski was the Eagles QB, it's Robert Jaworski we're talking about, right? Ok back to the filipino food discussion:

I've had Balut, who hasn't?

I've had one day old chick when I was really young.
12/24/08 12:31 PM
TristanESP

Edited: 12/24/08 12:31 PM
Double post
12/24/08 12:54 PM
khd29

Ah, yeah! Robert "Sonny" Jaworski, right? And his sidekick, Arnais.

How about "kulangot"? Well, that's what we called it when we were kids. It's actually called Matamis na Bao. I only saw it in Baguio. It's caramel in a coconut shell. Crack the coconut shell open and pick the caramel with your finger. Not gross, but I thought it was funny.
12/24/08 12:59 PM
khd29

Goto is really good, too.
12/25/08 1:25 AM
LiteBlu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've eaten dog, balut, pigs blood soup, sisig ( ears brains, hooves snout), goat, snails (cohol), bone marrow soup (bulalo), tripes, deep fried intenstines (chicharon bituka) and most dangerous of all, dirty icecream and fishballs from a roaming street vendor.
12/25/08 1:26 AM
LiteBlu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

and oh yeah, day old chickens on a bbq stick in baguio
12/25/08 7:06 AM
khd29

fishballs are awesome. just be careful of the hepatitis. get the shot for it too (type A).
12/25/08 8:52 PM
El_Varaco
338 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kilawing Aso (Dog) is just plain nasty

and yes monitor lizard is bayawak.

we used to freak out our white guy friends or anybody not from Manila by calling dinuguan Chocolate Soup.

and lol @ Sonny Jaworski, that fucker was the only guy playing in the late 90s wearing the 70s style short shorts.
3/7/09 6:28 PM
MobutuHari

I can't compare - but yeah dinardaraan/dinaguan ('chocolate meat'), dinakdakan (brains), bayawak (lizard), buwaya (crocodile), abal abal (beetles), ant larvae . . that's all I can recall.

Dogs in my neighborhood knew when you were eating a fellow dog. THey would howl and all. My dog refused to eat ANYTHING with blood (like dinardaraan). Dogs back then responded differently if they knew you ate them. Nowadays, I think dogs have lost that primal instinct.

Btw, dog wasn't a constant delicacy in ancient times. Hunters were known as MANGNGASO ('a man who uses dog') - b/c hunters used dog to hunt game. They usually ate dog for a special feast, or when someone was sick to gain the mana. Black dog was an auspicious thing esp. for those who were really sick. That book re: Filipinos in Hawaii by Virgilio Menor Felipe mentions this.

Btw, it's against the law to eat dog in the Philippines, unless for ritual purposes. They passed it late 90's.
3/8/09 11:54 PM
El_Varaco

I have a Brit friend that would eat almost anything most foreigners would run away from, but won't touch chicken ass.

never made any sense to me

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.