UnderGround Forums

MotorGround >> -35 C Oil Suggestions

12/23/08 9:44 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
white belt
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I moved up North last year and winter is now fully upon us. I just installed a block heater, 5w30 synthetic in the motor, new coolant and bought some new skinny snow tires and took my big skates off. I am running 90W in the tranny and diffs and its obviously too heavy. The vehicle is a 90 toyota pick up with a 5 speed transmission. Any suggestions on lighter oil, no synthetic in the diffs yet as they are just breaking in.
12/24/08 11:12 AM
White347LX
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The trans is supposed to have 75-90, so I'd use a synthetic oil of that weight and see how it works.

How are the diffs "just breaking in" on a 90 pickup? Did you just regear it or something?
12/26/08 8:20 PM
white belt
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes I had 5.29 gears installed before I put in my elockers. Did it a while back just haven't run the front yet do to a leaking seal and my lazy ass not fabbing up my driveshaft yet. Thanks, I'll try the 75/90.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.