UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Wai/Primal diet update?

12/24/08 9:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Eel
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Michael,

I am just curious as to how your Wai/Primal diet is progressing.
Do you have any updates?
Have you further modified the diet any?
Thanks for the information.
12/24/08 1:29 PM
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I figured out the reason raw nuts and seeds bother my stomach. It was because of the enzyme inhibitors. So I figured out that once I soak the nuts or seeds in water overnight and then dehydrate them, I can eat as much as I want without any problem.

For some reason, I find that the combination of raw honey, raw butter, and raw cheese, works very well for my body. This is part of the Primal Diet and not the Wai Diet.

Because of this raw food diet, I find that my ability to handle bacteria in food has gotten much stronger. For example, in the past, I would go a Chinese restaurant called Hot Pot where they have a bunch of raw food and you cook it yourself at your table. Every since I was young, I was told that that I was supposed to handle the raw food and cook with one set of utensils and eat with another. Never handle the raw food and eat with the same utensils. In the past, if I ever did not cook the food thoroughly or mixed up the utensils, I would get horrible shits 30 minutes after I finished eating. A few weeks ago, my mother wanted to eat there so I went. I intentionally handled the raw food, cooked, and ate using the same fork. When I cooked, made sure that the food was very very rare. Besides eating muscle meat, I was also eating things like intestine. Anyway, I had no stomach problems at all. I felt totally fine.

I've actually tested my 3 and 4 year old boy's stomachs and I believe their systems are even stronger than mine. One time my wife was cutting up raw beef to make the raw beef jerky. There was some blood in the bag that the beef came in and my son asked me what that was. I told him it was blood and he said that he wanted to drink it. Like most children, I knew that he had no idea what he was really asking for, but I put some in a cup and gave it to him. He took a big sip of it and swallowed it. I knew he did not like it, but I asked him if he wanted more. He said no. Even though he did not like it, he did not spit it out or throw up. In fact, his facial expression was pretty normal. I was just laughing and all I could say was, "Dang, my boy is hardcore!" He did not get the shits or sick in any way.
12/24/08 8:09 PM
le0nidis

Dood! They will have strong jiu jitsu and have an iron constitution! Wow! :)
12/24/08 11:01 PM
Bolo

My mom said that found it funny that my body can handle higher levels of bacteria, however, a teaspoon of vinegar will mess me up (because I have an intolerance towards it).

By brother is a dentist and he is pretty paranoid about bacteria. Over Thanksgiving, he was frying a turkey and cutting off outer layer of meat that was cooked well. The meat on the inside was kind of red (it wasn't raw, but really really rare). Before he put the remaining rare part in the fryer, I told him that I would eat some of the parts that were still red. He couldn't believe I ate it and asked me if I was afraid of getting salmonella. I told him that I wasn't afraid of salmonella and I was more concerned about the hormones and antibiotics that were probably used on the turkey. He said that he was more afraid of bacteria and hormones. It's funny how my brother and I are such polar opposites.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.