UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Got my first crock pot

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

12/25/08 10:13 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Basz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can you guys share some of your favorite recipes for crock pots please?
12/25/08 11:09 PM
shootfightermike
1314 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

meat, beans, tomato sauce, spices,

chili
12/29/08 10:27 AM
crescentwrench
401 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cubed meat, dried chiles, chopped onion, garlic, cumin, other things in your cabinet/pantry,

burrito

It's just that easy.  If you want to fancy it up then take your meat out after it's cooked, strain the crock pot juice into a sauce pan to reduce.  Then shred up the meat and fry in a lightly oiled lava hot skillet until it gets crispy on the edges.  Toss in your reduced liquid and you have,

burrito

About any recipe that calls for a long slow braise I will use the crock pot for so my oven isn't tied up with it.  I do pot roasts, pork shoulders, ribs, all types of ill shit.  There are entire sections at the bookstore dedicated to crock pot cooking, it rules.  
12/29/08 5:26 PM
CR1chard
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lamb shanks - throw in some rosemary, garlic, red wine, and chicken stock
12/30/08 11:17 AM
alxholic
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i just got one too. so far i've made oxtail.

gonna try something else soon
1/3/09 8:28 PM
jello
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm cooking fajitas for the first time right now. Beef or chicken, bell pepper, onion, fajita mix. One pack for every lb. of meat. Maybe just a little olive oil. Cook the meat with the oil and fajita mix and about a 1/4 cup of water for each pack of seasoning, may have to add a little more later on. Cook maybe 6 or 7 hours and then add veggie's and cook another couple hours.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.