UnderGround Forums

PetGround >> tips for dog wit bad breathe and how much to feed

12/28/08 5:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
brdrchoker
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have a new addition to our family. Last month I posted about My mother passing away suddenly, well I got her dog. She is a ten year old Min. dachshund. She has lost half her teeth due to my mother never made her eat dog food.

I have her eating moist dog fod now and she eats my cats dry food! How much should I be feeding her a day.
She is 6 pounds. I give her 1 lil ceasers moist food and 1 or 2 shacks like milk bones a day. Is this enough? She lost a pound or so since I got her because at first she wasn't handling my mother not being here and she just wouldn't eat.  She is definitly healthier, as in her coat is soft now as before it was really dry and wirey and her energy is better.

I got her this dog back when My dad passed, my wife calls her the "other woman" because she is always right by my side. Never was much of a pet person but Maggie have melted my cold ass heart.

12/28/08 12:59 PM
MikeZev
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my gf is a foster volunteer for mini doxie rescue so we've had a few. they tend to have very bad teeth and breath. if theres a lot of plaque and build up on her teeth you might consider taking her to a vet for a dental. might cost a few bucks but you'll see a big improvement. she should probably be eating a third to a hlf cup a day of a quality dry kibble. you can try those natural balance tubes, we've had good luck with those.
1/7/09 6:42 AM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PlaqueOff is a good product for smelly breathe:
 www.plaqueoff.com/proden_plaqueoff_animal/proden_plaqueoff_animal.htm
1/9/09 10:37 AM
wiley
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If you stopped making out with the dog you might not notice it's bad breath so much.

KIDDING

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.