UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Moke Chicken: A Huge Hit!

4/27/09 4:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
d0mm3r
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made Moke Chicken for my buddies birthday - chicken came out perfect but the sauce really stole the show. People could not stop talking about the sauce. Thanks Moke!
5/21/09 8:41 PM
dendawg
116 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Made a batch with honey on the bbq last night and it was a huge hit. It's so simple but tastes like some complicated shit.
5/21/09 9:29 PM
Moke
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/09 1:13 AM
lol, I just came home to make a batch for this weekend because of this thread. I've been splitting a lot of my time staying somewhere else for the last few months so it took me by surprise when I measured out the soy sauce and found out there's no corkscrew in the house to open the wine. Hmmm...to run to the store or make do? Fuck the store...

OK, so I added a cup of mountain dew (the only reasonable non-water liquid I could find...oh well). Oh shit, I'm low on sugar and only have light brown and honey...I mixed those to the desired sweetness.

Holy motherfuck! No Sriracha in the house? What the fuck is going on? This is beginning to look less and less like Moke Chicken. Alright, I have some sambal oelek chili sauce and some home-made pickled jalapenos that are hot and awesome as fuck. Mixed it in...

Whew, I have sesame oil thank god. I also added some flax oil just for the oil medium and a little nutty flavor.

Holy Jeebus, I have NO garlic powder in the house. Seriously, wtf is going on? It's a conspiracy. I chopped about a dozen cloves and tossed them in there. Cloves and powder add totally different flavors, so we're totally on another track here. To make up for that, I added some dry roasted garlic flakes I have that I add to soup sometimes. It's very nutty and potent.

Then I adjusted everything. So far the marinade tastes fine. We'll see how the chicken comes out...
5/22/09 1:02 AM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/22/09 1:01 AM
^ True genius, imo.

Love your work.
5/23/09 7:58 PM
goku

bought all the ingredients..gonna make it for the first time tomorrow...wish me luck bitches
5/23/09 8:12 PM
FCTV808
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

goku, you wouldn't have happened to be the one who tried the miso chicken thing fiasco subbing nearly all the ingredients except for the chicken right?
5/25/09 9:00 PM
Kevin Curtis
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've made the "Moke chicken" a couple times on the charcoal grill, and I think that I am going back to baking it, and finishing on the propane grill. It seems like the smokey-charcoal flavor gets lost (and maybe even neutralizes some of the hotness... is that possible??!?).
5/25/09 10:47 PM
Mullet @ Heart
50 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I haven't tried charcoal yet. Gonna next weekend, though.
5/25/09 11:07 PM
goku

FCTV808 - goku, you wouldn't have happened to be the one who tried the miso chicken thing fiasco subbing nearly all the ingredients except for the chicken right?

sounds like something i would do, but no, that wasnt me

fired up the moke chicken on my new grill and it was awesom!! overcooked it because i am new to grilling but still was juicy and flavorful
5/27/09 5:00 AM
Moke
147 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My massively modified Moke chicken turned out to be something else entirely (duh!), but it's still hard to say how it came out. It ended up marinating for 2 days, and in the modified version I think it should only marinate for a couple of hours. The chicken was completely dark and soaked completely through. It was too potent like this.
5/27/09 5:56 AM
FCTV808
292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was that what you fed paul walker?
5/27/09 6:05 AM
Moke

I didn't look at his plate, I was too focused on his ass.
5/27/09 10:07 AM
MikeZev

lol
5/27/09 12:13 PM
FCTV808

in other news, he mentioned the fish being really good. LOL
5/27/09 6:41 PM
Moke

Dang, that's the only thing I never got to try.
5/27/09 8:25 PM
Faxapreta

Kal bi was awesome
5/27/09 8:35 PM
Moke

Yes it was! I was eating that all night long.
5/27/09 8:56 PM
FCTV808

hey, you stop hijacking this thread!

it's about moke chicken and paul walker's ass.
5/28/09 2:18 PM
goku

this thread has taken a twisted turn
5/29/09 6:59 AM
NECKCRANK808
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was I the only one looking at his girls ass
5/29/09 7:06 AM
Moke

He had a girl there?
5/29/09 2:52 PM
MisoWhoreKnee
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am making the Moke Chicken at work right now as I type.  The rice is steaming and I'm getting ready to roll the bbq out into the employee parking lot.  The office is going to find out who my real friends are since I only made about 3lbs of chicken.  6 people will eat like kings and the rest will starve.  lol.
5/29/09 4:20 PM
FCTV808

MisoWhoreKnee -  I am making the Moke Chicken at work right now as I type.  The rice is steaming and I'm getting ready to roll the bbq out into the employee parking lot.  The office is going to find out who my real friends are since I only made about 3lbs of chicken.  6 people will eat like kings and the rest will starve.  lol.

THAT'S THE SPIRIT. SCREW THEM!! (you will be known as a moke chicken nazi) all g fren.

:)
5/29/09 5:13 PM
MisoWhoreKnee
162 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MisoWhoreKnee -  I am making the Moke Chicken at work right now as I type.  The rice is steaming and I'm getting ready to roll the bbq out into the employee parking lot.  The office is going to find out who my real friends are since I only made about 3lbs of chicken.  6 people will eat like kings and the rest will starve.  lol.
Holy shit, that chicken was awesome.  Everyone that tried it though the same thing too.  It has a kind of Korean Bulgogi tone to it.  10 out of 10.  Thanks Moke.

5/29/09 9:06 PM
FCTV808

pics?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.