UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Going to Iraq

1/3/09 4:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GI_Jason_Norwood
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am soon to deploy and want to continue my MMA training; I am always looking for new ideas to add to my training regiment, so any information or suggestions would help. I will be bringing most of my fight gear with me and will probably be at JBB (Bhallad), I am informed that the facilities there will be accomodating. Also if there is anyone else who will be there in the May time frame and wants a training partner I'm game. I already have some ideas from my two awesome trainers SFC Andy Pierce and SFC Kristopher Perkins, but any thing else would really help.
On another note special thanks to Big Daddy Perkins for starting this account for me, and for training me for my last six fights (all victiories) and for the all-army combatives train-up (I placed first ), and for this next fight in February (my first title fight), and to his wife for helping my wife get through 40 hours of labor and being a great god-mom (she had the baby a week ago). And to all of you that have helped train him in some way I guess I am too a product of your investment. 
1/5/09 12:16 AM
GI_Jason_Norwood

Yep, I don't know why they are using a new name now, but that what our dep-ord says so thats what I'll go with.
1/8/09 10:12 AM
FullBlastJKD

Be safe over there Sir and best of luck on your upcoming title fight!
1/8/09 10:30 PM
TerribleTed

It can be very hard to find quality guys to train with - you get plenty of people who say they train in this and that, but in the end they will be fish. Plan on returning with some dust to clean out of the system, with OPTEMPO and no one to push you your going to loose a little...........

The good news is you can keep up or even increase endurance and strength. Pretty much every FOB (or COB now) has a full up gym. So if you can get back to the states in awesome shape - the return to normal will be faster.

Good luck.
1/9/09 2:59 PM
JeffMiller

My training went to hell when I was there. Have a good friend that was over there with me who was Level III and a blue belt, but we were both on MiTTs and had completely different schedules. Aside from a Sambo fighter (who was on yet another team/schedule), we were the only combatives guys I could find. I just powerlifted the whole time I was over there -- got my total for Bench/Squat/Dead up to 1530 (they had contests every few months). But that was 06-07; I thought Yurk said XVIII ABN get things better when they rotated in.

And most hooches were AFN-ready -- buy a cheap TV from someone rotating out and watch some live UFC.

Good luck.

MAJ M

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.