UnderGround Forums

Jen >> Pin Escape Course Feb. 21 -22

1/5/09 1:36 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bolo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I will be having Part 1 of my Pin Escape Course on Feb. 21 - 22, 2009 in Milpitas, CA.

PIN ESCAPE COURSE DESCRIPTION

Pin escapes is one of the most difficult and neglected aspects of BJJ. Many practitioners do not spend enough time training it simply because it is so uncomfortable, and many times demoralizing, to constantly be on the bottom. The Jen BJJ Pin Escapes course can offer new insight to dealing with this tough situation and resolve many of the problems that are encountered when training pin escapes.

The pin escape system is broken down into several courses for similar reasons, however, another major reason is that this system is extremely painful on the body of the person who is on top pinning. Yes, you read correctly. Traditionally, training pin escapes was uncomfortable for the person on the bottom, however, this system has turned the tables. Training this system is so destructive to the person top that no training partner is willing to endure the system being applied on them repeatedly for extended periods of time.

This method of pin escape is a principle based system that is not defined by certain individual techniques, yet works within certain parameters. Learning this system does not involve learning different techniques for different situations in different pins. This system simplifies things so the practitioner is applying a few core principles for all situations which results in significantly less memorization. This system also does not rely on explosive bridging or excessive flexiblity and has no separation of beginner, intermediate, or advanced techniques. What is taught is simply the complete system that I find is most effective.

Please note the material covered in these courses is completely different from the material covered in my Pin Escapes DVD series.

REGISTRATION DETAILS:

Unless specified otherwise, each course will be limited to 10 participants to optimize learning. All participants must register and pre-pay prior the date of the course. No drop-ins allowed. Due to the small number of participants allowed for each course, space will be reserved on a first come, first served basis for those to have registered. The cost of the 2 day course is $125. Registration should be mailed to:

Jen BJJ

PO Box 361611

Milpitas, CA 95036

Feel free to e-mail me at mjen@pacbell.net with any questions.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.