UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> Funny Stew Story

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/6/09 8:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mit
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/06/09 11:23 PM

So I get home from work and my wife says that she has made stew. I said "Oh did you use beer in it?" She says "Yeah". So I said(realizing I only had one bottle of stout) "Did you use the bottle of stout I bought?"

She says "No I used that Christmas beer." At this point I'm thinking dear god I think she used a Samichlaus and I said as such.

Then she says "No I used the one of the ones my sister gave you for Xmas." I realized that she mean't Celebration Ale.

End result was a very hoppy stew that I loved but the wife didn't like so much....It lended a very earthy spicey taste to it that I really enjoyed. If you are a hop head I recommend it(although maybe use a lesser IPA and not the nicer ones)
1/6/09 8:19 PM
Mit
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Actually I guess it should have been called a funny beer stew story but whatever.
1/8/09 1:34 PM
MikeZev
67 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

funny?
1/8/09 1:53 PM
Mit

Yeah I reread it later and I mean't more funny=odd...LOL

the moral of the story is don't be afraid to make stew with a hop bomb.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.