UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> how much would you pay for a pride fc belt

1/10/09 1:14 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
OBAMA/RASHAD '08
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/10/09 1:31 AM

we all know about replica ufc belts going for $1000, and ricco selling his on ebay. how much would you be willing to pay if a real pride belt went for sale
1/10/09 1:18 AM
OBAMA/RASHAD '08

Photobucket
1/10/09 1:19 AM
OBAMA/RASHAD '08

Photobucket
1/10/09 2:18 AM
Pugna Vox

Pugna Vox Studios, Audio Guru
 What would I pay? 

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!
1/10/09 2:35 AM
Dane Oss

My right nut.
1/10/09 4:26 AM
WatchinMMA

tim sylvia is the highest bidder, someone outbid him quick!
1/10/09 6:06 AM
southsidesti

$500 bucks
1/10/09 9:39 AM
papajoob
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Pugna Vox -  What would I pay? 

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!

What 9 thousand? LMAO
1/10/09 10:43 AM
Wiggy
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Calling PTSandman....the UG's resident belt expert

(his site is, IIRC, www.belttalk.com)
1/10/09 10:43 AM
Wiggy
312 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

www.belttalk.com 
1/10/09 10:50 AM
point312
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if you didnt win it why would you want it??
1/10/09 10:51 AM
TOS

80% of what you would pay for it.
1/10/09 12:48 PM
redenstein
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd pay a pretty penny just to get one of the old Pride FC t shirts right now.
1/10/09 1:18 PM
PTSandman

Sup?

I already got mine but if another came up for sale I'd be game.
1/10/09 2:13 PM
PTSandman

It is not ring used but it is actually better quality than the ones given to the fighters.

For those who don't know, I'm somewhat of a widely known dealer of real replica and ring used belts, as well as a die hard collector.

In 2003 I started trying to get a hold of the beltmaker for PRIDE. I asked a bunch of people and no one knew. I even emailed PRIDE and the person who replied told me they weren't sure who it was.

Someone on Sherdog pmed me info about a guy in Brazil. I contacted him, he claimed he was the beltmaker for PRIDE and offered me any of the PRIDE belts for $5,000 each. I asked a bunch of questions about specifics in the belt which I knew about which he didn't answer correctly so I was 100% sure it was a scam.

After doing more research all I know is he makes the belts for PRIDE and DREAM and he is in Japan. But no one has ever told me his name. For the Rampage/Henderson unification match, some people within UFC even contacted me asking who made the PRIDE belts because they wanted one made for the winner. I told them what I knew, and those employees of PRIDE USA didn't even know, so they just had Dave Millican, maker of the current UFC and WEC belts, make a PRIDE belt which Rampage won. It is pretty accurate to the original PRIDE belt, but it has snaps instead of the hook and clasp system on the Japanese made belts. Also there is an error on the belt. The belt says Light Heavyweight Champion, but in PRIDE, the weightclass and belt say Middleweight Champion. Rampage was suppose to get it corrected but this was right before his road rage incident so it never happened.

As for my PRIDE belt, the real belts are cheaply cast belts with brass overlays. Higher quality belts are zinc plates, which are gold plated. In 2004, I started doing my own artwork for it. Once finished I asked a new beltmaker at the time, Elgin Moore of Fresno, CA to make it. I got pictures of the plates he finished, but he never sent me the belt. He ripped about 20 people and companies off on belts. He is a wanna be pro wrestler, so if anyone is in Fresno and wants to be a good Samaritan, PM me and I'll let you know the deal.

So after getting ripped off, I said screw it, and just did what I could and made it myself. It is a Grand Prix belt. I've had the belt almost 4 years. It came out great, and it is better quality than the "real" one.

If you guys aren't going to be dicks and don't give me shit, I might post a pic of it.

Now that Zuffa owns the rights to PRIDE, I'm not going to screw around and make anymore so please don't ask. The one I made, and the unfinished plates Elgin made are the only ones out there that I know of. Also Dave Millican who is my good friend, will not make them, nor the WEC or UFC belts for anyone as Zuffa will not agree to a license deal because Dana does not want fans with real belts. The only way to get them is to train and win it, buy it from a fighter, or make it yourself and risk legal action from Zuffa.

Toy replicas of the UFC, WEC and PRIDE belts will be released end of 2009, so if you have a Figures Inc UFC replica, sell it now while it still goes for alot of money. Once the new replicas come out, the Fig Inc ones will die in value.
1/10/09 2:23 PM
Mad Xyientist
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

$65 million dollars if you throw in a DVD library.
1/10/09 2:56 PM
Dougie
1108 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PT has always been great with info. Thanx!
1/10/09 3:40 PM
OBAMA/RASHAD '08

so PTsandman let me get this strait you couldent get one now my question to you is if one came up what would you pay for it
1/10/09 4:01 PM
PTSandman

To me and do the die hard collectors a belt from the ORIGINAL maker is worth a lot more because it is authentic, regardless that my homemade one is better quality.

I deal with people in the boxing, mma and pro-wrestling circles. It seems boxing belts have a insane aftermarket price and unjustly so. MMA is the same way. Like Ricco wanting $30,000 for his UFC belt? I offered him $5,000 for it. I might have went to $8,000, but it is the older style 2 layer UFC belt. If it were the newer 3 layer I'd go higher. But again that is just me. 98% of people don't know the differences in the belts and the rarity as much as I do.

On the pro-wrestling side, I believe those belts tend to see for a much more reasonable price. IE: ring used belts held by several champions go around $10,000-$15,000.

On the MMA side, the only belts I think ring used that would go for $30,000 or more, would be the UFC 1-9 belts since there are only 1 or 2 made of each, and the ring used PRIDE and K-1 belts. The K-1 belts actually cost more to make than anything else out there which is why I believe they could get a higher asking price. I was quoted $30,000 on a 2006 Grand Prix belt by loxley alone, so I'm sure the ring used one would go for more.

But in the end, something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Over the past few years, I talked to Evan Tanner numerous times trying to buy his UFC belt, and to him it wasn't about money. The belt was a symbol of his accomplishment and that meant more than any amount of $ which is part of the reason I respected him so much. On the contrary you get some fighters who think the belt is a meaningless prop who will sell it to you dirt cheap just so they have some extra cash to blow on booze, women, drugs, etc.

Despite them looking similar, all the PRIDE Grand Prix belts have slight differences in the art besides the weight class nameplate. Out of all of them, I believe the 2000 Grand Prix belt Mark Coleman won would get the most money in the collectors market. Well out of my price range, and only the upper tier of hardcore collector would be able to afford it. I'd put it around the $45-$50,000 mark. But throughout all my years dealing with people, it is the Japanese fans that seem to spend the most money, so I can easily see a Japanese collector paying $100k for a ring used PRIDE belt.

I'm not a belt maker although I know how to do it. I'm just a fan of the artwork and intricacies that go into making them. Any ring used PRIDE belt that came up for sale publicly would be out of my price range. I couldn't justify paying more than $10k for it and know I would be outbid in the first day. But many times it is people who approach me knowing my love for them, how I appreciate them and how I have an impressive collection, and those people would rather let me have the belt and know it goes to a good home for a little less money than just selling it for max $ to some money mark with no appreciation for the history of it.

Sorry for typing all that shit. I know half of you don't read it, but everyone has their geek hobby and belts is mine so I can talk all day about them.
1/10/09 4:06 PM
PTSandman

Ok here is my belt I made many years ago. Is it 100% accurate? No. I can pick out numerous things wrong with it. Mainly I think the main plate is a little too small. Fedor's 2004 HWGP belt was alot larger than the others, but this is the 2003 MWGP I modeled mine after since I am a huge Wanderlei Silva fan. Don't ask me to make you one because I won't. I'm not selling mine unless someone wants to make me a bat shit crazy offer for it.

I'd appreciate if you guys respect my wishes, and not post these anywhere else. I'm posting them here because I enjoy the people on this forum. I have a huge collection of belts and many people who know me, know I don't post much, so if this goes good I might be open in the future to sharing more parts of my collection.

1/10/09 4:14 PM
PTSandman

I made it myself as many of the errors on the belt are something an experienced beltmaker would have fixed before making it. It is a learning process. Too much time and money went into this which is why I will not make anymore belts period, even customs. Not worth the hassle. I been doing leatherwork and artwork for a while as a side job, so I had no problem with that. The plates are done from an outside company. No one does their own plates. Then I get it back and do the rest myself
1/10/09 4:19 PM
OBAMA/RASHAD '08

oh my god i am so jelouse if i was loaded i would offer you tons for that you did an amazing job on that my friend have you ever thought of making the silver plated belt like wands or fedors that would be cool to have both
1/10/09 4:32 PM
Massa
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow, great work.
1/10/09 4:33 PM
PTSandman

Midwest (Dave Millican and Reggie Parks) are the beltmakers for Zuffa. That includes UFC, WEC and PRIDE. As much as I want a silver PRIDE belt, I'm not making one for myself out of respect to Midwest. I have been friends with them for a while and don't want to do anything to sour that relationship.

Until then, I will keep looking for the real beltmaker in Japan and see if I can get one that way.
1/10/09 4:35 PM
OBAMA/RASHAD '08

good luck theres gotta be someone out there that knows

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.