UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> I'm buying Tatt gun for little bro

1/12/09 6:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
el owl
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's just starting to get into it. He made a tatt machine himself and is marking himself up with all kinds of crap lol. I want to get him a good set of guns And i want to know what he should start with or what i should get him.
1/12/09 2:18 PM
rare

first of all, dont ever call it a gun. thats the fastest way to lose all credibility in a tattoo shop.

second, hes fucking himself up, and other people, tell him to get a real apprenticeship and stop endangering people.
1/12/09 2:35 PM
sepe

Let us know where the kid lives and if he EVER gets a job in even the shadiest shop..that way we can avoid him at all costs.

1/13/09 2:15 AM
el owl

lol
1/17/09 3:09 AM
sepe

if you really want to get him something that will help, get him an autoclave and some damn sense.

1/19/09 1:04 AM
pencilboy25
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

buying the gun so he can spread fatal diseases, while applying shitty artwork?????
1/19/09 4:27 PM
Mr B
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

what's wrong with just getting the machine?

wouldn't be too bad if he was just working on skin pads or something, would it?

as long as he doesn't run out and start fuckin' people up trying to give 'em tats...
1/19/09 10:24 PM
rare

well thats the thing, its only a matter of time before he decides to tattoo other people. he already made himself a machine.

plus honestly with ebay and sooo many shitty online tattoo suppliers it isnt hard for him to get a machine himself.

a good one, chances are no, but it will definitely put ink (and scar) someone up.

get an apprenticeship, do it the right way, there are too many scratchers out there.
1/20/09 1:19 AM
el owl

Well he's already put a fairly big tatt on my youngest brother, it actually looks allright believe it or not. He actually seems to have a knack for it. He was putting a japanese symbol on his GF the last time i called lol.
The thing about my bro is it's the only thing he's taken an interest in that i approve of, so i want to be supportive.
4/27/09 6:01 PM
theBEAToff

el owl - Well he's already put a fairly big tatt on my youngest brother, it actually looks allright believe it or not. He actually seems to have a knack for it. He was putting a japanese symbol on his GF the last time i called lol.
The thing about my bro is it's the only thing he's taken an interest in that i approve of, so i want to be supportive.

If you want to be supportive then help him find a legit apprenticeship, cause right now you're hurting him. Oh and please post a pic of this fairly big tat he did on your brother so we can all get a big laugh. This isn't something you can teach yourself, and with the risk of spreading disease it's just not worth it!!!
4/27/09 6:02 PM
theBEAToff

Do it right, or not at all.
6/9/09 9:29 PM
Jase Nibourg

If you want to help him get him some pencils, some pencil crayons, a couple sketch books, and a subscription to Tattoo Flash magazine so he has reference material. Get him drawing 8-10hrs a day steady, building up a portfolio, then introduce him to as many credible tattoo artists as you possibly can, get him some professional tattoos to cover the mess he's likely done on himself. Take him to tattoo conventions and immerse him in tattoo culture. Then hopefully he can find a job working in the front end at a decent shop, learn about sterilization, cleanliness, equipment, proper set up and tear down, then maybe he can start his apprenticeship and learn how to do it properly. The road to becoming a good tattoo artist is long and hard but it will pay off in the end with quality work he'll be proud of and healthy clients that will return again and again. Pretty good and fairly decent isn't good enough when it's on your body for life.

I'm not a tattoo artist, but I am tattooed, and friends with a lot of tattoo artists. Trust me this is one industry where there are NO shortcuts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.