UnderGround Forums

SoldierGround >> Leaving Monday For Benning (OSUT)

1/14/09 1:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TOSH COOK
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am appropriately proud, scared, and excited that I will be leaving on Monday for Fort Benning for OSUT training, at the ripe old age of 34. Months ago I enlisted in the California Army National Guard (11Bravo), and the big day is almost here. I hope that I do okay, I hope the gym that I own doesn’t suffer too much in my absence, and I hope my girlfriend doesn’t go into dehydration from all the crying, which has already started.

I’ve had plenty of people offer advice, but I thought I would respectfully ask for some here. I guess more than anything I just wanted to share.

WISH ME LUCK!
1/14/09 3:01 PM
GreatWhiteHype
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Assuming you're in reasonably good shape by the green name, physically this should be a cake walk. As long as you can deal with everything seeming mind numbingly boring and pointless you're set. The drill sgts are going to focus on the 18 kids with an attitude, so you'll be pretty well left alone aside from the obligatory group punishment.

Good luck.
1/14/09 3:48 PM
Normal MT
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

34 is a walk in the park, your just hitting your peak. Dont let them call you grandpa.

1/16/09 2:10 PM
Jay-dog
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Luck!
1/16/09 6:19 PM
TOSH COOK
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the advice and well wishes!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.