UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Survival Medicine

1/15/09 5:17 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
GaydarBlane
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Does anybody have good resources on woodsman medicine? I'm also wondering about replacements for antibiotics or a way to obtain bulk quantities of penicillin or another broad spectrum AB.
1/15/09 11:59 PM
smileythai

If you can find it affordably: Special Operations Forces Medical Handbook by Steven Yevich/D.O.D.

1/28/09 1:21 PM
Possible Human

Anybody know of easy ways to get antibiotics?
1/29/09 4:52 PM
ChangoBravo
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It is not feasible to stockpile antibiotics. They have a very limited shelf life/efficacy window and many require refrigeration or special preparation.

Having a stockpile now, for use in 18months(as an example) will do more harm than good.

Also, just taking antibiotic xyz for a situation when you THINK you need them can do more harm than good. Unless you have medical training you have no idea the difference between augmentin and rocefin, and when and if you should use either or both.

Better to try and find antibiotics when and if you need them, than to try and stockpile them and waste them.

Chango
1/29/09 4:55 PM
Possible Human

Thanks, Chango. I was unaware about the shelf life. I'd obviously would have gotten a broad spectrum AB and been familiar with its proper use.
1/30/09 5:31 AM
smarmysmile

http://cgi.ebay.com/Special-Operations-Forces-Medical-Handbook_W0QQitemZ270335415945QQcmdZ 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.