UnderGround Forums

TattooGround >> Tattoo Body Piercing Institute?

1/15/09 7:38 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mr B
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any of you heard of it and know anything about it?

I know over the last few years tattoo 'schools' have been opening up and there's been considerable debate over them within the tattoo community.

I came across this one online and have been looking into it to possibly go through the program.

Now before everyone starts jumping on me about apprenticeships and what not...I've already started an apprenticeship that got cut way short cause the guy i was working for decided smoking weed and playing the guitar was more important than tattooing to keep his shop open (that was about 2.5 years ago). after that life took me off on a different road, but i've always wanted to get back into it.

due to the nature of my work currently, getting back into a traditional apprenticeship would be impractical....which is why i was looking into something like this school as a means of getting back on track to one of my dreams.

now this particular one isn't part of the better business bureau, but their bbb rating was about midway. dunno how well that speaks for the place, though...which is why i ws wondering if any of you guys had any experience places like this and what some of the established artists' thoughts were.
1/17/09 3:04 AM
sepe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There was suppose to be one in Michigan that looked really nice. I tried to contac them several times over about a year. It annoyed me because I was ready to move to Michigan and drop a good bit of money for a year of training for body piercing. I know that I could do an apprenticeship but there aren't too many good piercers in my area so I wouldn't trust them. The only good piercer(had an insane client photo book of major name bands and athletes) was basically a nomad. He only stayed in Indiana for 9 months. Mostly lived in Florida and California.

As far as piercing, I think the online thing would be MUCH easier. The tattoo portion kind of scares me because how much technique help will you get? If you've got to do cover-ups and shading from reading and watching videos, it'll be easy to mess up.

Their piercing section, my issues with that would be with the different ear piercings and gauging. I've seen some people that have gone through a bad apprenticeship and ended up tearing the lobe while gauging. I've seen people mess up conch and industrial piercings pretty bad.

I don't know of anyone that has experience with places like that and I'm not an artist...just have a couple decent tattoo artists as friends.

1/20/09 10:33 AM
Mr B
39 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

see...that's my biggest concern. while realistically, you could practice forever on skin pads and what, sooner or later youre probably going to someone to give you some in-person guidance. through video or over the phone is far less than ideal.
3/21/09 6:08 PM
kalki
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that's tribal^^^
4/14/09 2:28 PM
Mr B

kalki - that's tribal^^^

....what?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.