UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> What's the best round you've seen?

1/16/09 5:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Animal Chin
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm not talking about something we all watched on tv.

i've caddied for some really good players and seen some pretty good rounds.  i caddied for champions tour player james mason when he shot a 65 in tough conditions and set the course record.  another time i was caddying in a group when yani tseng dropped a 64 on a course in florida, but she's a girl so it doesn't really count.

i was playing with a buddy that had 12 birdies one day, but shot a 67.  he's also playing in the '09 masters as an amateur.

what's your's?

and yes, bigkiller, we know...   it's a round you played.
1/19/09 10:33 AM
BigKiller
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I saw a guy shoot 67 on a course in Jamaica that he had never played before.

Considering the type of course (there is NO bermuda grass in Canada), wind, etc. it was very impressive.

I'm pretty sure he had at least one lost ball in there too.

1/21/09 2:32 AM
PR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Played a practice round with a guy who had 9 birdies from the tips in Kamloops at Rivershore (?).

I shot a 69 with 2 balls in the water in my personal best ever round.

Watched every shot of Mike Weir's first round of the Canadian Open 2-3 years ago where he shot 71, but was a split something like 41-30 or so... the back nine was INSANE. This was when Calcevecchia won the tourney at -5 the course was so hard.

Played with guys in local amateur tourneys that broke 70 from the tips of whatever course we were playing at the time.
4/12/09 1:35 AM
Ze Dano
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

saw a buddy shoot a 66 at the Lobstick in Waskesiu (Northern Saskatchewan...used to be a beautiful course)

was in the clubhouse at Crown Isle when Dave Barr walked in after his 61
6/23/09 1:00 AM
JSam238
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Today had a guy put up a 77 on me... its the first round I've ever been playing with someone that shot in the 70s. I also put up my best score which was an 87... first time i've broke 90
6/23/09 3:14 AM
PR
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Remembered a round with my golf buddy who's a super long driver. One of the best non-pro driver's of the ball I've ever seen. Very good with the irons, but shitty with wedges and putting.

Anyway played a round at Mayfair Lakes with him, where on the front nine, everything went perfect for him tee-to-green... he had at least 6 approaches to inside 6 feet for birdie... think he missed only one green... anyway he didnt putt very well but still shot a -3 33. That was 7-8 years ago and we still talk about that nine... every approach he hit was all over the flag.
7/19/09 2:34 AM
Stone17Wolf

Watched Camilo Villegas qualify for the tour at our home course in Wilson, Nc (Happy Valley) three years ago. He shot a course tying 62 record and then caddy'ed for a friend of his later who was in a 7 man playoff. I was amazed at how small he was and how far he could hit it. Very cool dude with no real ego. He is now my favorite golfer since seeing him play in person at our course. I personally shot a 65 at the same course (October of 2006). 8 birdies and one bogey on a Par 72.
7/19/09 5:07 AM
PR

Wow stonewolf, impressive.
8/10/09 12:13 AM
KirikMyName!
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*slightly off topic, and a namedrop alert*

I was talking to Oscar De La Hoya last week (who said he is about a 4 handicap), and he was talking about how he was paired up with David Duval in a pro-am where Duval shot a 59. I cannot imagine what it would be like to witness something like that. Every drive, approach, chip, and putt would have to be dead on.
9/11/09 2:57 AM
SammyT

TIGER'S 63 AT DEUTSCHE BANK LAST WEEKEND... AMAZING!
11/4/09 3:26 AM
erikmfx
31 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I played a couple months ago at Stonecreek in Oregon city. A pretty nice course and a decent challenge. My buddy and I were debating whether to play the blue tees or the black, when the other twosome joining us walked up to the black. So we went back there and joined them at the tips.

Turns out these guys played for Oregon State about 5 years ago. One shot a 67 and the other shot a 68. Both swung the club like butter. One of them drove the ball perfectly straight every hole 340+, the other about 330. Humbling experience playing with guys who played Pac Ten golf.
11/5/09 8:06 AM
PR

wow sick erik. And to think, they have no chance of making the PGA tour.
2/12/10 6:10 PM
lordbreakdown
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 03/18/10 4:48 PM
ttt

ttt

3/22/10 11:42 PM
BigKiller

Shot a 62 last year.

I have no motivation to do so this year.

boo me
4/15/10 8:39 PM
lordbreakdown
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

8/22/10 4:11 PM
codyplax

One of my best friends is an amazing golfer. Im pretty dang good but he is amazing. I witnessed him shoot 58 twice within a month at the course my family owns. Longview Country Club, Longview Texas. He tied the course record. (58) which is held by my granfather who played on tour in the early 60's, Buster Cupit. But anyways watching that 58 was insane
8/24/10 1:51 AM
Ze Dano
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

^^^ is Longview a 27 hole course? Not too far from Houston? I may have played there back in 2000....very very nice if its the place Im thinking of^^^
8/24/10 11:11 AM
codyplax

No its only an 18 hole course. Longview is about 5 hours from Houston. 2 hours east of Dallas.
8/25/10 12:56 AM
Ze Dano

ah ok..the one I played was Longwood...Cypress, TX.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.