UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Congratulations Adrian

1/17/09 1:53 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BlazerinTraining
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/17/09 1:54 AM

To those who didnt make it out to the Cullman fights tonight... Adrian Miles had one of the most impressive KO's I have ever seen. He took the fight on less than a weeks notice after being off for 6 months and had to cut weight last minute which made him gas and not end the fight as quick as he usually does. However, I believe it was a straight left in the 3rd that Adrian landed right on the chin of Ray Echols that put him to sleep. It was truly a KTFO... Echols was out of it for a good couple of mintues. Adrian repped Spartan well just like always.

Also congrats to the guys at Triad who had a great showing both with TKO's and KO's. I was impressed with the amount of people that came out to support all the guys tonight. It was good to see that MMA in Alabama is not dead.

Now bring back the forums on Blackeyemma so we can have some more fun!
1/17/09 3:06 AM
Josh J

Adrien did great. I was hoping he would end it like that, and he didn't disappoint. Beautiful KO. I saw Ray 30 minutes later and he was still acting drunk. I guess he will need to change his name from KO Artist to KO'd Artist. I talked to Adrien a few times. He seems like a great guy with tons of natural ability. He's gonna be dangerous.

I really didn't expect the guys at Triad to end all of the fights like that. The striking at Triad is good, but Triad is known for it's Jiu Jitsu. All 3 fights ended by KO and TKO, two of them in the first round. I expected at least one or two of them to end by sub. Two of the guys who fought are purple belts. Even though I train at Triad, I was still impressed with the amount of people who came to support the fighters. Our train was a mile long. We all went to eat together after the fights and packed out the restaurant.

BTW, I talked to the owner of the blackeye forums tonight and he said they will be back. I guess him and I are at a truce for now.
1/17/09 2:15 PM
BlazerinTraining

Pat you are correct Adrian had been in the gym. I meant that he hadnt fought in 6 months and in the last few weeks hadnt been planning on fighting. He took this fight a few days out and had to cut weight in a short amount of time which I know he struggled with. It showed in the cage because he gassed a couple times and had to just lay there and rest. Anyone who knows Adrian knows thats not normal for him. He still pulled out an impressive win though.

After watching Obrien fight last night I would love to see him and Sasuke go at it. I think that would be a good matchup for him and show him where his game is really at. The guy last night was so short he threw a few knees at O Brien and came about 3 feet away from their target which was pretty amusing. Not to take anything away because O Brien had a great first showing. I think Sasuke would be an exciting fight to watch. Triad guys did a great job.

Tell Obrien I was the one who came up to him after the last fight while us Spartan guys were leaving and told him he did a good job...
1/17/09 3:11 PM
Josh J

PrideFC - Triad is just recently started fighting in public, but Triad has been doing MMA for over a decade. Johnny Smith was soley a striker for decades before he started training in BJJ so of course he makes everyone train in both. Triad has been avoiding these local events because most of them have been pretty crappy. Because the Jiu Jitsu is so good at Triad, many of the good MMA guys are more concerned with BJJ competition than they are with MMA. This event was actually well produced. I think you will see a lot more of Triad now.

John O'Brien did a great job. It actually surprised me to see him getting tired. His cardio is insane. He was training 5 hard 5 minute rounds. I think he got a little nervous and forgot about his breathing. He also had to cut 13 lbs. That, and the guy he was fighting was extremely stocky. He was 5'6", 170. He looked like he was probably as strong as a 170'er can get. I really expected John to take it to the ground, but the guy obviously didn't want any of the striking game so John kept it there.

It couldn't have been better. All 3 Triad guys won, and Adrien won. I wanted Adrien to win partially because I've competed against him and knew he was a cool guy, but I also wanted him to win because of who he is fighting.
1/19/09 1:38 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Adrian!
1/19/09 5:38 PM
actionnotwords

Had a guy from a local gym fight in Mobile Ala. this past sat. night.Are these the fights you are referring to?If not sorry to crash thread.He was 170 pounder from St.Pete Fla.
1/19/09 5:44 PM
BlazerinTraining

These fights were in Cullman Alabama. I believe there were also fights in Hunstville and Mobile that night
1/19/09 11:07 PM
bigmills008
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There were fights in Daphne, AL which is right outside of Mobile. They were pretty good. You can go to www.ueplive.com for results.
1/20/09 6:07 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats Miles. Nothing sweeter than sitting there listening to racist slander being thrown around all fight and then seeing Adrian KTFO that redneck.

Amazing though how the n-bombs stopped being thrown around when Josh Roberts and Marcus were sitting with us LOL.

Congrats as well to the Triad guys. VERY impressive performances all around.

Obrien's striking was very nice. Most impressed by his ability to NOT go crazy when he had the guy rocked. Most debut fights, as soon as the guy gets a little wobbly the guy goes all balls out and swinging like crazy.

Obrien kept his composure and used the ooportunity to throw some sweet standing elbows and TONS o' Knees from the clinch.

Missed most of the Waters performance due to having a bad seat and lots of people in front of me, but I did see most of the ass beating he handed Weaver.

Congrats to all you guys and Adrian. Great night of fights.
1/20/09 2:58 PM
Josh J

Yeah, I expected to hear the N word dropped a few times at a Cullman evenet. I would especially expect to hear the N word when some evil, muscular black man from out of town is trying to beat up a hometown guy. I'm glad Adrien won though. He did a great job. Other than a few clean shots that didn't seem to hurt Adrien, Adrien thoroughly dominated him.
1/20/09 3:41 PM
BlazerinTraining

Quote of the night from in the locker room after the fight:

"Great fight Adrian! Now Adrian, Josh and Marcus get your black asses out of Cullman before you get killed. In fact we better all leave!"

LOL
1/21/09 11:53 AM
boardbreaker

according to blackeyemma, Adrian won with haymakers. Now I wasn't there, but I know that for most part, Adrians strikes are not haymakers. Just thought that was funny.
1/21/09 4:17 PM
Josh J

Yeah, I noticed that as well. I thought Adrien controlled that fight throughout, other than 2 or 3 shots by Echols that landed. They almost make it sound like Echols almost had it in the bag until Adrien landed a lucky haymaker. I remember it being a straight punch, but I couldn't see very clearly.
1/21/09 5:14 PM
BlazerinTraining

Edited: 01/21/09 5:15 PM
straight left ended the fight and then Adrian got in a few other good shots after that redneck hit the ground but was already asleep. I was there and from what I saw Echols may have landed 2 or 3 clean shots that did absolutely nothing to Adrian but pop his head back once or twice. Adrian had multiple take downs and Echols swept him on the ground twice and just laid ontop of him while Adrian took a break, rested and then got back up and repeatedly tagged Echols with pinpoint shots. One was that hard blow to the body while Echols was on his back and Adrian was standing.

I dont think it surprises anybody that Blackeye said something stupid like that though. Theyre a bunch of rednecks who thought Ray Echols was a legitimate mma fighter
1/22/09 5:49 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

was actually a crisp right hook, since Adrian is a southpaw.

Echols did tag Miles once, hurting him, but Adrian covered up, went backwards and when Echols came in all wild, stuck a jab in his face that backed him off.

That was solitary moment of the fight that Echols landed a significant shot.

BlackeyeMMA is a douchebag website run and written by a BUm Fight loyalist who knows nothing about MMA and writes at a 3rd grade level with 1st grade grammar.

he also took a sarcastic shot at O'Brien, referring to him as Triad's "Golden Boy"....It was clearly a passive agressive shot at him...website is pathetic.
1/22/09 11:00 AM
Josh J

I e-mailed him about the "goldenboy" comment. At first he called the "Gracie Train" that we did a "conga line" so I corrected him about that as well. I guess he had no clue what a Gracie train in or why we would do one.

He assured me the Goldenboy comment wasn't meant as a shot at O'Brien. I found it hard to believe considering the history we have with him, and the fact that I've never heard anyone use that word in a non-sarcastic way.

He edited the website and changed "conga line" to "Gracie Train". He didn't change the goldenboy comment. Maybe he doesn't realize how most people interpret that word when it's used the way he used it.
1/22/09 11:35 AM
MOWA Outlaw

Josh J - I guess he had no clue what a Gracie train in or why we would do one.

He didn't know because it wasn't on TUF.

Stranglehold26 - BlackeyeMMA is a douchebag website run and written by a BUm Fight loyalist who knows nothing about MMA and writes at a 3rd grade level with 1st grade grammar.

he also took a sarcastic shot at O'Brien, referring to him as Triad's "Golden Boy"....It was clearly a passive agressive shot at him...website is pathetic.

Truth.
1/22/09 11:54 AM
BlazerinTraining

So ive been out here in Atlanta with little to do but run on the treadmill, go to my interviews and email Adam Gibbs and troll the hell out of him.

Seth you are going to love what I got so far. I wont post it yet though. I want to have the whole conversation to post at once.

He is claiming that Adrian weighed close to 30 lbs more than Echols. Its great
1/22/09 12:29 PM
Josh J

A friend was at the weigh-ins and said that Echols weighed in at 182 and Adrien weighed in at 185.
1/23/09 2:30 PM
BlazerinTraining

Stranglehold26 - was actually a crisp right hook, since Adrian is a southpaw.

My bad I meant to say it was a straight right... i guess from where I was standing i didnt notice that is was a hook. I do know that it knocked his ass out though
1/23/09 2:46 PM
BlazerinTraining

Strangle... lets make up a big lie like... Brock has severely injured his back and has pulled out of the Mir fight or BJ Penn tests positive for steroids and gets DQ'd for the GSP fight. We should put it on the main page and just see what happens. You can write it up well enough to make it believeable. Say that your "cousin" is one of the guys in the camp and thats how you found out. News hasnt hit the media yet... something like that to get people talking would be fun
1/23/09 3:22 PM
Josh J

Doesn't he read these boards? Didn't one of you guys e-mail him a link?
1/23/09 7:11 PM
BlazerinTraining

After messing with him he actually was a class act throughout the whole thing. Earned my respect at least as a person through the way he replied to me while it was obvious that I was giving him a hard time. He admitted that Ray Echols is a personal friend of his and that there were people yelling obsenities from the crowd towards Adrian and our guys. Instead of arguing with me he simply asked what what he could do to get me on his side and help him make the website better. I have all of the emails saved for anybody who wants to read them and I admitt I was trying to get a response out of him at first just for fun. He asked for my help with the website and I told him I would talk to some people I know and trust and would get back to him. What turned out to be a troll in my eyes ended up turning into a opportunity to not only help him make his site better but also get more accurate information out there about MMA in the state. I also look at it as a good opportunity to keep people updated on the guys from Spartan since they obviously arent getting any credit with local fans since they fight out of state so much. People here have no way of keeping up with them and their careers. This site could be a great avenue of information and could be turned into something we all pour into rather than pick on.

I dont know the history of Adam with the guys at Triad and its none of my business. To me he was a stand up guy who showed some class when he absolutely had every reason not to. For that he earned respect from me and I am going to talk to some key local guys and see what we can do about putting together a great site.

If Adam does read this he knows where I stand.
1/23/09 9:58 PM
Josh J

The reason Triad doesn't get along with him is because of some negative things that were said about Triad on his message boards. He's a friend of Ray Echols. Triad and Ray's schoold don't really get along. Ray opened a school less than 5 miles down the road and supposedly said a lot of bad stuff about Triad. The negative commetns were posted by Adam's account. He says a friend wrote the stuff. We will never really know. When we replied to the negative comments he came to Triad and apologized, but then more negative comments followed. It seemed like every time it was settled he would say something else.

I guess we've settled things between him now. He didn't exactly apologize when I met him in person, but he did say "maybe I was out of line a little" or something like that. To be honest, I don't trust him though. He's apologized in the past. He's asked me to write for his website throughout the entire argument. He'd ask me to write for his website, then tell me to go to hell the next day. In the beginning I actually wanted to help his website. I thought it was a great idea. Now, I really don't want to be associated with it. Maybe you guys can help turn it into something better.
1/24/09 9:48 AM
BlazerinTraining

Hopefully so... we will see what happens.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.