UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Urban Survival Skills

1/17/09 6:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
79 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I grew up in a rural area, and I still live in a place that's fairly rural but suburbanizing fast.

When I was young, my dad and uncles taught me to shoot and hunt and fish, how to camp out for days with little in the way of suppliesgrow vegetables in truck patch, how to do basic car repairs, electrical work, carpentry and masonry.

My sisters learned how to can and preserve foods and how to do basic sewing.

All things I'd consider to be very basic survival skills for the area we lived in.

For those who live in or grew up in urban environments, what would you consider to be the basic skills that parents should pass on to their children for living in big cities?
1/17/09 7:53 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Navigation through the city without using major roads while avoiding "trouble spots". I'm pretty sure that all urban raised kids learn the art of dashing through yards and property to avoid capture.
1/17/09 8:08 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

martial arts
1/18/09 9:39 AM
ChiggidyChops
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I grew up in the city and got my survival knowledge thru the army. That being said my son is 10 and he knows already to not let people circle him and never count his money in front of other people.

All in all though I am glad we live in a small town 30 minutes from the city. I agree with kvr28 about the scouts.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.