UnderGround Forums

Pinoy UnderGround >> Charice Pempengo To Sing @ OBAMA's Innauguration

1/19/09 12:31 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PTM2020
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wow What An Amazing Honor for her.
1/19/09 12:32 AM
PTM2020
734 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

http://www.starmometer.com/2009/01/16/charice-to-perform-in-obamas-inaugural/

The country’s pride and international singing sensation Charice is currently flying to Washington D.C. to perform at US President-elect Barack Obama’s inaugural on January 20, 2008.

At the pre-inaugural party on January 18, Charice is going to perform two songs - “God Bless America” and Whitney Houston’s Olympic hymn “One Moment in Time.” Charice said the songs were chosen by Obama’s staff.

It’s not yet confirmed though, if Charice will also sing at the actual inaugural party on January 20, but nevertheless, she feels honored to sing for Obama.

“Siyemre iba na po ito kasi po dati kumanta ako kay President Arroyo, ngayon kay president Obama naman. iba po ‘yong feeling na isa na namang Filipina ang makakapag-perform internationally,” she said.

When asked what she’s going to say if she get the chance to speak with US president, Charice replied: “Just wanna say thank you for making this dream come true. This is not only an honor for me, but also for the Philippines. Thank you.”

Charice is currently working on her very first international album to be produced by renowned star maker David Foster. According to reports, Charice’s manager is none other than Oprah Winfrey.

1/19/09 1:23 AM
El_Varaco
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

the kid's lucky and she sure has talent

one thing I'm sure of is that she's not one of a kind

just watch any municipal or barangay in any small town in the Phils, and you'll see at least one or two kids who can sing as good as Charice

good for charice though
1/19/09 3:41 AM
PTM2020

^ Yeah, great for her though,  that she was embraced by Oprah & Ellen.
as amazing as she is, the P.I. is chock full of Charice's & Arnel Pinedas.    

Some of the best renditions of songs I've ever heard sung were from those cover bands you hear at local bars & nightspots throughout the country. 

Remember this girl???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_dcMO9ttiY

as good as Charice is,  I still think Banig owns
1/19/09 6:21 AM
El_Varaco
236 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah wtf ever happened to Banig?

Some of the best renditions of songs I've ever heard sung were from those cover bands you hear at local bars & nightspots throughout the country.

as cheesy as they are, those cover bands have some amazingly good musicians, I have a lot of respect for those guys. Trivia - during the Vietnam war, USO shows in Saigon were importing pinoy cover bands from Olongapo and Angeles City to play for the GIs, since they couldn't find anyone cheap and good to play rock for the troops in Vietnam. This was how Pinoyrock legends Pepe Smith, Bosyo (RIP), Jun Lopito et. al, started out.

Cover bands are great and weird at the same time. There was one time I saw one cover band who started their set playing Beyonce covers, and right smack in the middle of their set they got into what was the weirdest rendition of Bodies by Drowning Pool (ECW theme), I think some guy in the audience was giving them shit and requested something heavy, fuckers stepped up and actually played bodies, with the girl singers trying their best to come up with dance steps. it was both awesome and strange.
1/19/09 1:32 PM
PTM2020

Thats what I'm sayin!!! LOL

I saw one in Bicol, and the lead singer had a FANTASTIC voice but alot of the words to the songs she was singin were totally off LOL. 
It was both awesome and hilarious.

Great info on the Pinoyrock history.
1/20/09 4:37 AM
EKPOGI
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow,with getting her to sing and keeping the pinoy cook in the whitehouse,he should join us here in the PG.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.