UnderGround Forums

Food & Wine Ground >> queso dip recipe

1/20/09 8:23 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
shootfightermike
978 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

posting here cus like the pwf.

noone goes there!

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium tomatoes—cored, seeded and cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 jalapeños, seeded and minced
1 small onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
salt
3 tablespoons tequila
1/2 pound (3 cups) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
Corn chips
1/20/09 8:24 PM
shootfightermike
978 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, and a large pinch of salt. Cook over moderately high heat, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Pour in the tequila (stand back, just in case!) and cook, stirring frequently, until the skillet looks nearly dry, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to low. Add the cheese and cook, stirring constantly, until melted, about 30 seconds. Quickly transfer the queso fundido to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately, with chips.
1/20/09 8:42 PM
JoshMitola
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

my roommate would cook the worst queso dip. he would make this shit every week. I like queso but this shit tasted like puke in a bowl.
He made it with a Velveeta brick and a jar of salsa. He thought he was the iron chef when made this crap also. Always talked about how great it was. I felt bad not to have a chip or two. I just couldn't break it to him how bad it tasted.
1/20/09 8:56 PM
Rand McPherson
30 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

salsa, velveta, nuke it.

not as good as yours, but damn easy.
1/20/09 8:58 PM
shootfightermike

Rand McPherson - salsa, velveta, nuke it.

not as good as yours, but damn easy.

add a can of chili at least!
1/20/09 11:19 PM
shootfightermike

TTT

MODS MOVE TO FOODGROUND PLEASE
1/21/09 8:22 AM
Tys
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol, salsa and velveeta is my sisters go to dip. Tastes like death to me.
1/22/09 3:22 PM
Adam Singer
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Velveeta + Rotell + Chili or sausage = Fantastic
1/23/09 1:09 AM
shootfightermike

Adam Singer - Velveeta + Rotell + Chili or sausage = Fantastic

not as good as mine posted budro!
1/23/09 5:17 PM
crescentwrench
305 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JoshMitola - my roommate would cook the worst queso dip. he would make this shit every week. I like queso but this shit tasted like puke in a bowl.
He made it with a Velveeta brick and a jar of salsa. He thought he was the iron chef when made this crap also. Always talked about how great it was. I felt bad not to have a chip or two. I just couldn't break it to him how bad it tasted.

Must have been bad salsa, because that's a wonderful dip.  I use Rotel myself.  Although I'll be trying this one next probably.  Everyone could use an upgrade dips.  

Also, any fancy versions of cheese balls would be appreciated.  

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.