UnderGround Forums

Ohio MMA Underground >> Grappling Options in Central Ohio?

1/21/09 9:57 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
invalid
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I posted this on the bjj forum but figured this would be a better place.

I'm pretty settled in the area, and I need to get my fix. What are my options?

Problem is that the one school I'm familiar with is too expensive. Jeff's school in Westerville is like $129 a month, and that I just can't swing.

Tell me there is something more afordable out there for me. Times are tough, you know?
1/26/09 1:25 PM
cflmma
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey let me know if you find any. I have a friend who lives about 20 minutes south of Sandusky looking for BJJ training near him
1/27/09 9:26 AM
invalid
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That's not very close, man
1/27/09 10:34 PM
doggitb
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cflmma we got a gym in sandusky and also in clyde let me know if u want the numbers
1/29/09 1:12 PM
ohiostate1016

Relson Gracie has a school in Columbus (gracieohio.com).

About the only other one that I know is Gurgel's gym in Southern Ohio.
1/30/09 12:58 PM
cflmma

Yeah let me get those numbers. I have a guy wanting to find a new gym. His old gym closed when the lead guy got transferred for work
1/30/09 9:49 PM
gzbull
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 01/30/09 9:50 PM
 Did you ever stop by my gym in Grove City?  We are only 10 min from downtown, have about 80 students, 2 BJJ Brown Belt, a Muay Thai coach from SITYODTONG, and a great training environment.  Oh, and our dues are only $75 a month for Unlimited Training!

A little about me...I am the VP for Team Jorge Gurgel, Owner of the OHIO GRAPPLING CHALLENGE, and I serve as the Fight Coordinator for the GAMENESS FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP (based out of Nashville, TN).

Hit me up at columbusbjj@yahoo.com

- Dustin Ware
www.columbusmma.com
www.ohiograpplingchallenge.com
www.gamenessfightingchampionships.com  
1/30/09 10:04 PM
doggitb
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cflmma, the number for the cylde gym is 419-547-8581 and for the sandusky gym is 419-626-0550 let me know if u need nething else.
2/19/09 9:02 AM
invalid

That's awesome, Dustin. I've started at Jeff's for the time being but to be honest, as much as I love the guys and the instruction there I can't afford the prices. It's a temp solution right now.

I'm waiting on Arthur Ruff to get here, but so far I have left two messages at his school, and even stopped by when a class was supposed to going on but it was empty. I'm getting a little pissed.

My goal was to check out all the other schools in the area, and I have planned on popping into your school for a class if that's ok with you. I want to get a feel fot everyone before I commited to one place and added their patch and so forth, you know? I'm very team oriented, so the teammates are just as important to me as the instruction because these are the guys you're sweating with 5 hours + a week, and these are the guys you're cheering on at tourneys.

What day of the week would be best for my out of shape self to stop in and try and not puke on your mats lol
2/19/09 9:54 AM
gzbull
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

invalid,

I think that is a good idea.  I tell anyone that emails the gym that they should find a gym where they feel like they can learn, that matches their personality , and offers a class environment that will allow the individual to reach their potential.

Stop by on Monday night around 6:00pm.  That is one of the best night to meet allot of our students & coaches, as we have both BJJ & Muay Thai on Monday nights.  Myself & Dave Freetage (BJJ Brown & Sityodtong Muay Thai coach) will be teaching class on Mondays.

Team is also very important to us, as my students/friends will tell you.  We train hard, but we also enjoy our time at the gym.

Feel free to join our schools fourm (www.imb-columbus.com).  From MMA Fights, BJJ Competitions, Info about training or seminars...this is a great way to see what is going on at our gym.

Look forward to meeting you on Monday.

- Dustin

ps. Right now we are offering a BIG discount!  6 months of traing for the cost of 5...or 12 months for the cost of 10!  You really cant bat tat deal...when you consider we only charge $75 a month for Unlimited training!
2/23/09 7:32 AM
invalid

Damn dude - I'm looking forward to it. Thanks
2/23/09 8:40 PM
Revelation Fight

I'll give props to dustin's gym. I live in picktown and roll at his place when work allows. I have driven as far as Ashland to train and I feel he has got the best in the area. (Does that get me a free month Dustin?)
2/24/09 3:14 PM
gzbull

um....we will see!!!

Thanks,

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.