UnderGround Forums

NHLGround >> Avalanche troubles

1/21/09 11:33 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man Sakic, Stasney, Smyth (for a few games) Foote, David Jones, Lappy and a longer list of guys getting hurt has really hurt us.

One of the positives though has been the play of the young guys. I have said since they drafted him that Chris Stewart is going to be a major player in this league and he has not disappointed. Gordie Howe hat trick tonight. He is 6'1 235lbs, a great skater, good with the puck, a hard shot, not afraid to go to the front of the net and will drop them with anyone.

Its too bad that the Avalanche are finally adding players that would go great with the Sakics, Stasneys, Svatos, and Wolskis. I like the mix with have with the two Codys (McCormick and McCleod), Stewart, David Jones, and Darcy Tucker who is a great agitator like Lappy. Too bad we cannot stay healthy.

Keep your eye on Steward though, he is going to be one of the next great young power forwards in the game.

1/22/09 9:04 AM
Mark1
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hopefully, they can muster some sort of winning streak and move out of 12th place.

Mark

1/22/09 6:49 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Avalanche are still in the league?
1/22/09 7:10 PM
122 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

LOL at PR.

It could be late this year, or next year, but Colorado is going to be faced with a great problem, who is gonna be on the active roster.

The young players like Jones, Stewart, Hensick, McCleod, MCCormick, Svatos, Wolski, Liles, Leopold, Stasney, etc are all young guys. This means some vets are going to get pushed off the team.

I hate to say it but I think Sakic is going to retire. I like Ryan Smyth because of the way he plays, but you would think a guy dubbed as "Captain Canada" would show more leadership than what he currently is showing. Raycroft is doing his hot and cold thing again. Foote can't stay healthy and there are many other problems.

Of all the issues I think Foote not being healthy is huge. He is still one of the premier defensemen in the NHL and not having him in the lineup really hurts us. I hope he can get healtheir, but changes his game a little bit like Ray Borque did. He can't play as physical as he use to, but can still play solid defense.

If Colorado gets hot with all the young talent they have they could cause problems for a lot of teams.

1/22/09 8:33 PM
PR
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Waitaminiute, are you talking about Chico Resch and the Colorado Rockies?
1/22/09 8:35 PM
PR

1/22/09 8:36 PM
PR

1/22/09 8:37 PM
PR

BTW this jersey is SIICCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK
1/29/09 2:08 PM
Spankenstyne
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be the Aves alternate jersey imo.
2/1/09 2:43 AM
Steamfitter

PR - The Avalanche are still in the league?

Dawg....8 losses in a row for the Canucks and you are talking shit about Colorado?
2/1/09 4:29 AM
PR

That was 9 days ago, before I knew the Canucks were the doormats of the league.
2/7/09 7:10 PM
Mark1

lol @ a Canucks fan, a Oilers fan and an Avalanche fan arguing over which team is the crappiest.

Mark

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.