UnderGround Forums

Iowa Underground >> we need a MMA gym in Hardin co.!!!!

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

1/24/09 12:30 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BIG IRISH
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

A few other guys and I were wanting to start a MMA gym in the Ackley, Iowafalls, pburg area. Is there anyone around this area that would want in on this? WE just want a place to train and work out and spare. leave a post here if you want in on this.
2/22/09 1:11 AM
BIG IRISH

we finely got a place for our gym!!!!!!!!!!
2/23/09 1:44 PM
Halz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Where at? Just curious.
2/24/09 7:46 PM
BIG IRISH

At the old school in Steamboat Rock. it's just a big room for now. If we get alot of people that want to get it to this we might find something bigger.
2/25/09 11:36 AM
Halz
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cool, and you can go to the School House Cafe when your done working out!  Do you have mats/bags/mits/ ect?
2/26/09 7:07 PM
BIG IRISH

I got a few pairs of 16oz and 2 pair 4oz gloves, and some mits. a 50lb and a 75lb hanging bag. I think we might have lucked out, in we might get to use some old matts they have at the school. I would like to get a free standing bag or two, and a speed bag. I,m just happy to have a place to train! I just hope we can get a lot of guys to come and train. Everyone around here says they would fight if they could train, so now we can see if there for real or just talkn. if you got any old stuff you want to sell let me know what you got.
2/27/09 11:18 PM
donkypunch55
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey congratulations!! Our team (Hard-drive) just opened a place here in Cedar Rapids the first of this year... If any of your guys are down this way, give me a holla, we'd welcome some different styles and ability levels for a roll, sparring, whatever... We got pros, amatures, 125 up to 300 lbs, a girl, a midget, a one-legged asian kid... you get the picture...
Demian 319-721-6911
2/27/09 11:19 PM
donkypunch55
262 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey, where's Hardin County?
2/28/09 7:56 AM
BIG IRISH

It about 1 1/2hrs from CR, it 30min west of wloo. Whats da midget weigh? The CVFA holds some events in Bell Plain, isn't that purdy close to CR?
2/28/09 8:32 PM
donkypunch55

the midget weighs in at about 23o... he's actually a perfect circle...
Yeah, bell Plaines only an hour from CR...
CVFA?
3/1/09 1:07 AM
BIG IRISH

CVFA stands for Cedar Valley Fighting Association. There outta da Cedar Falls area. There Amature events.
3/1/09 10:04 PM
donkypunch55

we got amatures falling out of our pockets... got a contact name or info?
3/2/09 6:46 PM
BIG IRISH

Ya. shot me your email and I'll giv you the info, mine is faquson@live.com. or you could chek out their my space page. doz that miget fight or just train?
3/2/09 8:35 PM
donkypunch55

dpapagni@whiteglovemoves.com
i tried to get a longer email address...
Midget will fight, but only another midget... why? u got one? that would be freakin' priceless... think of the demographic penetration... everyone on the fuckin planet would line up for that one... would have to allow headbutts... they're like 1/3 head... like tryin to choke out the Great Punpkin...
3/2/09 10:38 PM
BIG IRISH

No midget:( I was just thinkn it be realy sweet to see one fight. It would sell alot of tickets!
3/9/09 7:45 AM
donkypunch55

hey Big Irish, if any of your guys end up this way, we'd love to have them stop in for a session... when do you guys work out? if i'm up that way, i'd like to check out your club... holla...
3/12/09 12:15 AM
BIG IRISH

Right now we just get together whenever we can. we are now just gettn everything put together and set in place. I will let you know when we get something set in stone.
3/12/09 7:51 PM
BIG IRISH

I put up a myspace page for our gym, if you got a myspace page please add it. its called "Hardin Co. MMA" thanx!
3/16/09 2:43 PM
donkypunch55

i'm not yet on myspace, but as soon as i get my head out of my ass, i want to get a page (don't hold your breath).
Yeah cool, just keep me updated. i'd be more than happy to grab a couple of guys and check your spot out...

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.