UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> My Tenant is Schizophrenic! Holy SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1/25/09 11:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
splinter
66 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My dad had a similar situation with this dude from Sri Lanka a few years ago.
1/25/09 11:55 PM
Jack Carter
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I called up the only hospital in the state that handles these issues. They said that they can't do anything if the guy doesn't want help. Unless he's completely nuts and a danger, they can't force him treatment. The cops already said they do see him posing any threat right now.

Just a few more days until I get that restraining order.
1/26/09 12:04 AM
whtblt4eva
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good luck man. personally, i have no patience or sympathy for dealing with crazy fucks. more power to ya, get that restraining order and tell the dad to get this crazy kid out of your house.
1/26/09 12:06 AM
sepe
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My uncle would've been good friends with that guy. I miss hearing shit like that everyday. My uncle would call at midnight to tell me that there was a purple flying van after him. He got booted from the military for being crazy as fuck. I'd say he spent about as much time in hospitals as out from the time he was 21-ish until the day he died(in his 30s). He was on tons of meds for mental disorders and they really don't help that much when you're 6 kinds of crazy. He sure as fuck was fun to bullshit with though.

1/26/09 12:07 AM
Jack Carter
576 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

His dad chickened out. I called him up and asked why he didn't drive back to my house when his son jumped out of his truck. He said "why should I? He's not my responsibility."

His own dad is scared shitless.
1/26/09 12:13 AM
sepe

He isn't his responsibility. The guy is watching over you and protecting you. I don't see why you're so worried. I'd rather have a "crazy" person living on my property than some dogs that will jump up and lick anyone that comes on the property. You know the crazy people will fuck somebody up if need be...real or imagined.

1/26/09 12:14 AM
Jack Carter

he says he will fuck people up, but so far he aint shit
1/26/09 12:40 AM
JBALL
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The skeleton in our family closet was my dads bipolar / schizophrenic mental illness. It finally came to a head when he asked my mom to have sex with him ONE last time. He hid a 12 inch buck knife under her pillow and was going to hack her up. My mom felt the knife and ran. He grabbed the knife and chased her through the house. I grabbed the phone to dial 911 and he ripped the phone out of the wall. I ran downstairs and grabbed the neighbor and as he got upstairs my dad had the knife in the air ready to hack away. He put the knife down when he saw the neighbor and the police showed up shortly after.

Schizophrenia and bipolar are very difficult to deal with for anyone. I understand the frustration you're going through as I've had to deal with it multiple times for multiple people. If they are a threat to themselves (ie. not taking showers, not eating for several days, suicidal) or to others like threatening violence or talking about hurting others then the gloves are off and the cops dont mess around.

1/26/09 1:10 AM
beatbum
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow Jball. tough stuff to go through. where is he now?
1/26/09 1:46 AM
cypherpunk

Edited: 01/26/09 1:50 AM
What the fuck is going on? Is this crazy week?

My good friend of 14 years has been on a downward spiral the last few years, and he finally lost his mind this past week. According to his neighbors, he had been screaming out some crazy shit about Math, the nature of the Universe, and who knows what else.....

On Friday, he gave me a phone call and begged me to give him back his 4 computer monitors and his guns. (He's never begged me for anything in his life before this.) I was holding on to them for him for safekeeping, and I was more than happy to give him his stuff back, but returning his guns seemed like a bad idea. I was working at the time he called, so I told him I couldn't do it right away and that I'd give him back his stuff later in the evening.

But before I could do that, I guess he lost his patience and zoomed off in his car while the neighbors watched on. (I think a few of them were trying to calm him down.) No one knew where he went, and he left all his stuff including his phone at the apartment, so it seemed to me like he wasn't planning to come back.

It turns out that he didn't go very far. Apparently, he went to the local 7-11 and started writing on the wall using chalk while spouting off crazy shit that led to multiple people calling the police who eventually came and arrested him. The next stop for him was the hospital, and when they released him the next morning, he WALKED back to his apartment. All this time, no one close to him knew where he was.

When I found out he was back, I was relieved that he didn't kill himself, so I went to visit him. I asked him what was going on, and he started telling me about how the Staff of God materialized in his room, and how he had to go to some final fight between good and evil. I asked him why he left his phone, and he was incredulous. He swore he had his phone with him and that the police confiscated it from him. He figured that it must have teleported back to his room.

Needless to say, there was no fucking way I was giving him his guns back after all that.

The story goes on, but I don't feel like writing it down right now.... Let me just say that the police have the guns now, and I gave him back all his other shit. I'm trying to wipe my hands clean of this mess.

----

If you are so inclined, please put in a prayer for my friend's mental health.

Also, please pray for his mom who lives out of state and has been worried sick about him for years (even before he lost it). I have tremendous respect for her, and I wish she didn't have to put up with this BS from her delusional son.
1/26/09 2:01 AM
jarva
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thirdleg - "Musashi- You seem kinda gay Jack."

What is with all the homophobia on here?
How is that homophobia?  Maybe he wanted to ask him out.
1/26/09 3:29 AM
tower1
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Extensive studies have been done on schizophrenia and violence. Actually, the mentally ill are no more likely to commit an act of violence than the general population.

You seem to have come to the conclusion that he won't hurt you, so don't worry. On the other hand, if he isn't a threat to you then you probably won't get a restraining order... And it isn't against the law to be crazy, so you're going to have to live with this guy until the lease expires. Also, you shouldn't encourage his psychotic thoughts... That's really fucked up.
1/26/09 3:33 AM
Jack Carter

I should get the restraining order based on harassment alone. I told him to not talk to me or harass me and he did it a few hours later. I filed a police report.

The guy does not stop harassing me even when I and the police tell him to stop.

If I don't get the restraining order, then I officially hate America. There's no reason why I shouldn't be able to get one in this case! When the lease expires, he's still going to be hanging around. Then what? Then I can get a restraining order?
1/26/09 3:41 AM
crazydave
202 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Reenz - he's on ice man.. watch your back and don't sleep

probably closer to the truth.
1/26/09 4:04 AM
ShanTheMan
790 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Damn, do you have kids?
1/26/09 4:07 AM
DivideByZero

So, let me get this straight... the guy has a serious mental illness, he might be a danger to himself or others, and you're fucking with him? Seriously?

You deserve everything you get.
1/26/09 5:33 AM
Attila
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Careful dude -- schizos can be extremely dangerous. Basically, your life is at the mercy of the voices inside his head.
1/26/09 6:17 AM
gw99
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jack,

Here's a true story that might help you in your situation. I used to manage a gas station a few years ago. As a Mgr I was responsible for hiring employees. Well one day a girl came in (I had a help wanted sign in window) and asked about a job. She was clean cut and polite, so I hired her.

A week later, my other employees are telling me I need to come in at night and watch her work. I asked what was wrong, they just said "you need to see it".

I went in that night a few mins before she was due in and my employees were laughing at me, because they knew something I didn't. The girl was a psycho. Apparently suffering from schizophrenia.

She must have been on her meds when I hired her, because she was relaxed and well behaved.

But the night I checked on her, she was full blown nutz.

I asked her to come back to my office to talk, after I noticed her strange behavior. Not realizing that she was crazy. Just thought she had some personal probs.

We start to talk and then all the sudden she says "YOU!!!! YOU!!! Your the one hiding insode my TV set. I saw YOU!!!

I stopped her and asked ME? you don't mean me do you?

She calmly said No, not you.

A min later she's doing it again. YOU!!!! YOU!!! Your the one who stole my cat and then replaced it with a cat that looks just like my cat. BUT THAT'S NOT MY CAT!! I KNOW MY CAT!!

I stopped her again and said ME? you don't mean me do you?

She said No, not you.

Then she started talking about the people who follow her all the time. All these poeple were "supoosedly" after her.

Realizing this was my chance, I played along with it.

I said to her, YES!! they were here today asking about you. I didn't tell them ANYTHING. But you might want to leave town before they find out you work here.

Believe it or not, she bought a bus ticket to Alabama and left the next morning.

That's what worked for me.
1/26/09 7:01 AM
Bootsy Collins
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lol- lotta good Samaritans on the OG
1/31/09 5:34 PM
Jack Carter

I'm about to go to the police station to have an officer deliver to him an ex parte restraining order barring him from contacting me in any way, shape or form.

On thursday we will meet in court to plead our cases and the judge will decide weather or not to grant a restraining order.
1/31/09 6:03 PM
kalki

you shouldn't have gone the restraining order court way...it won't do shit other than keep you in court w/dept to lawyers......
1/31/09 6:04 PM
cypherpunk

^What would you suggest?
1/31/09 7:19 PM
lionsoul

You should not sleep...
1/31/09 7:38 PM
Jack Carter

kalki - you shouldn't have gone the restraining order court way...it won't do shit other than keep you in court w/dept to lawyers......

I don't know how else to keep this nut away from me, my house and community. The restraining order will get him arrested if he violates it. Otherwise, he can continue to harass me all day, every day.

I'm sure the judge will also grant a restraining order to prevent him from entering the area completely as it is private property. Why? He has no business, family or reason to enter this area once he's gone. He spent the past few days digging up holes around the area looking for his dirty money and drugs that never existed. It's freaking my neighbors out.

What do you suggest I do? He's thus far non-violent & has not made a direct threat against me. All he is is crazy and harasses me to the point where it is causing 'emotional distress'.
1/31/09 8:24 PM
mog87

gw99 - Jack,

Here's a true story that might help you in your situation. I used to manage a gas station a few years ago. As a Mgr I was responsible for hiring employees. Well one day a girl came in (I had a help wanted sign in window) and asked about a job. She was clean cut and polite, so I hired her.

A week later, my other employees are telling me I need to come in at night and watch her work. I asked what was wrong, they just said "you need to see it".

I went in that night a few mins before she was due in and my employees were laughing at me, because they knew something I didn't. The girl was a psycho. Apparently suffering from schizophrenia.

She must have been on her meds when I hired her, because she was relaxed and well behaved.

But the night I checked on her, she was full blown nutz.

I asked her to come back to my office to talk, after I noticed her strange behavior. Not realizing that she was crazy. Just thought she had some personal probs.

We start to talk and then all the sudden she says "YOU!!!! YOU!!! Your the one hiding insode my TV set. I saw YOU!!!

I stopped her and asked ME? you don't mean me do you?

She calmly said No, not you.

A min later she's doing it again. YOU!!!! YOU!!! Your the one who stole my cat and then replaced it with a cat that looks just like my cat. BUT THAT'S NOT MY CAT!! I KNOW MY CAT!!

I stopped her again and said ME? you don't mean me do you?

She said No, not you.

Then she started talking about the people who follow her all the time. All these poeple were "supoosedly" after her.

Realizing this was my chance, I played along with it.

I said to her, YES!! they were here today asking about you. I didn't tell them ANYTHING. But you might want to leave town before they find out you work here.

Believe it or not, she bought a bus ticket to Alabama and left the next morning.

That's what worked for me.

The part with the cat sounds like textbook Capgras Delusion.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.