UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Food dehydrater

1/27/09 2:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

well my birthday has come and went, yesterday..and my wife got me a food dehydrator....

Has anyone used one of these things?

i'm reading the instructions, but  any help would be appreciated!
1/27/09 4:38 PM
ClayK
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

My folks bought me one for Xmas. I've used it once to dry some apples and bananas. Which model do you have?
1/30/09 3:44 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

it's a Nesco American Harvest 1000 watt gardenmaster--with 8 trays and 8 friut rolls.
it can expand to 30 trays if i want to buy more trays, which i probably will..

.just tried it last night on some deer meat, it worked great, jerky a plenty now!  it has a book telling how to do the stuff...i've been playing with it now for a couple of days..and having a blast.
2/2/09 11:14 AM
27CrazyFeet
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am going to start doing fruit and veggies... ill post up soon.
2/26/09 2:33 PM
Robert Wynne

well so far so good for me.....i took some of the beef i'd done, down to my in-laws this past weekend and they all bragged on it.  the beef has turned out as very easy to do.  i tried turkey ham, but i think i sliced it too thin,  got really tough, but the dogs loved it.

done apples so far and they are great, very sweet.

i'm just going to do beef for a while, it's easy and i need to get supplies stocked up.

3/1/09 8:05 PM
Lucas Maximus
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have an Excaliber, love it  }:-)

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.